Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Detox centers PLEASE HELP ASAP

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Detox centers PLEASE HELP ASAP

Does anyone know how inhouse detox works? And if medical insurance covers it? I'm in san diego and I have a week off from work to get myself together, but I'm having a really hard tim finding a detox center here online....
Have you called your hospitals? They usually have a detox unit. Check your insurance but I think most good insurances will cover it.  Start by calling your local hospitals and ask if they have a medical detox center. This is the best way to go because they use drugs to detox you and for the most part you sleep your way through it. Usually lasts between 3-7 days depending on your addiction level.

Good luck... Let me know how it goes....
Ive never personally been but have heard good thing about
Summer House | Miami, Fl. | 888-DETOX-123
from several people.

good luck!~
can I ask you what exactly it is you are trying to come off of? I know here in Michiagn and with the insurance I have (which is pretty good) it would only cover a very small portion of inpatient detox. Which is unfortunate . However, it is possible to come off c/t from many different opiates within a week..I am not saying you will feel 100% but you may be suprised..it is very doable..depending what you are on..how much and how long.
I'm at my ends with searching for help!!! I live in a small town and whenever I call around for appointment to see a doc that can prescribe suboxin I'm on a waiting list for a month or more. I call the Hospital when I mention detox for pain meds they make me feel terrible and in the end they still cant help me. The nearest big cities are 3hrs away. I'm going crazy. (I realize I can't blame no one but myself and maybe all this pain and hurtfull words are what I deserve for this stupid addiction I have) Please Pray for me!!!
ALLisGood~

I commented on your other post,over in the "social forum"...I'll ask for it to be moved to this forum.
Sounds like you're in the same boat as me.I don't know how to get someone to take me in when I'm "at the ready" so to speak.I realize there are lots of folks who need help, not just us..but I've missed a few good chances to get clean (with help) I AM sorry I'm so weak willed.