Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Detoxing

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Detoxing

Day one is almost over. I've been on norco for 3 years, and decided it was time to quit taking them. In praying a lot, staying hydrated and trying to keep my head up... Could really use some support! I'm new to this site but everyone seems great.
Hang in there Frick!!!
Buckle down...stay hydrated and try to eat!!!
It will be the best fightof your life!!
Hello and welcome to the site.  You will of course find alot of support here.  Without knowing your story the most I can say is congratulations on making it through today.  Although the worst is yet to come, you are starting with the right attitude.  The desire to quit is the first step and likely the most important one.  As you open those doors that you have shut for so long don't let it overwhelm you.  Some of those have been shut for a reason, sometimes just to survive.  Anyway share as much or as little as you want but I promise the cycle you are about to go through is the same one that all of us have had to go through.  Hope to learn more about you......good luck and check back in tomorrow for some inspiration.

Larry
Hi and welcome!! Were glad you found us and posted! I just want to offer you my support and let you know that this is a great place and many lives have been saved here! Congrats on deciding to take you life back! :)

Check out the Tomas Recipe for tips on how to combat the w/d's. It really helps. And post often! Were here to help get you through this!!
I was put in norco from my doc 3 years ago for back pain. I started taking more and more ( y'all know how it goes) and I want my feelings back... I'm 26 and have been in a relationship for 5 years and want to move in in life. Start a family ect. I used to be an alcoholic and went to regar when I was 20. I need the support. Thank you guys and I will keep posting. I Need this.
Hi glad you're here. I'm on day 8 from about 2 yrs of norco. You'll get great support and advice here. I know I wouldn't be this far if I hadn't found this page. Hang in there. Keep posting.
I took today off, but am going to wrk tomorrow.  Keeping my fingers crossed. I think getting out and moving will make me feel better.
Welcome and congratulations on deciding to get your life back . How much and how long were you useing ? I ask because it will give US a barometer of were you are . Peace Jimmy
10/325 norco about 8 a day for 3 years. I would withdrawl (withdrawal) when I ran out early, until I got my refil.
They say that the best part of recovery is getting your feelings back.  They also say the worst part of recovery is getting your feelings back.  Depression is not the only but the most significant feeling of using.  When it is over all of the emotions that a human can feel come back.  Some of the good ones that you should embrace are things like compassion, love, patience, and self worth.  Some of the ones to be aware of are regret, doubt, and insecurity. There wil also be some negative and positive ones you may never have experienced before.  For me I had emotions that I hadn't felt in so long that I had to have my doctor tell me how I was feeling based on what I told him that day.  I am so proud of you and when you get to the other side of this you will join the special and beautiful people on this sight and appreciate the miracles and selfless acts they contribute on a daily bases.  The doctors can help but the people on this forum can offer some things that a doctor couldn't understand.  good luck and keep coming back...

Larry
Your post just made me get tears. Thanks SOOO much. Please keep up your support. God knows I need it. How do I add you guys as friends on here? So we can keep posted
Click on invitations
Man, insomnia and rls has set in.... Grant me the serenity...
Hi there, I used potassium at night, it really worked for me. Didn't have one night of RLS. Keep posting here as much as you like. We all have been through this! Believe me you will feel so much better off the pills. Im 31 days clean, at least 15 years heavy use Lorcet, oxy ir. energy has comeback ,but the biggie for me is im no longer depressed! It's good to feel and enjoy life again. You can do this! You will never regret. Btw, did you get rid of your source? Very important to burn those bridges!
Take care
hi frick!!  wanted to welcome you to the site!!  this place literally saved my life i believe.....all the support and suggestions how to get thru WDs.....it's an amazing place.....i was on Norco for ALOT of years.....i'm 20 days clean today....so it CAN  be done!!  just hydrate and rest when you can.....also move around when you can. Eat as much as you can also,....it will help with the energy coming back.......Imodium (immodium) and gatorade is a must, or was for me and alot of others.....good luck to you!!  we are here for you....just keep posting!!  
Dropping by to say Hi and give you a big cheering on!!   I know this is going to be a rough day for you because I was just there 2 days ago myself.  I promise tomorrow will be better and next thing you know you will be on day 4, then 5 and each day gets even better!!!    You are taking back your life and that is HUGE!   I relapsed a couple weeks back because I wasn't ready to embrace my new life.   I was still looking back wondering what I was missing.  I found out I wasn't missing anything.   Stay close to us...we will help you through this.  
So it's been 49 hours since my last pill. I'm doing O.K... Depression is starting to kick in, but I'm trying to remind myself that I'm doing good. That I should be proud of myself... It's just hard.
It is hard, not going to lie.   You are about to turn a corner at 72 hours, so hang tight and hang with us.  We will help talk you through this.   What you are doing is a GOOD thing.  
Hang in there Frick and keep posting.  When you get through detox, we can start talking about getting that brain of yours healed up.

Bryan
hang in there....i know it's hard!!   but you can do it!  if i can....you can.....keep posting and reading the posts.....you are gonna make it!!  we are all here for you!!  
Hang in there we all been through it...it's the worst feeling...and it's ugly but WE ARE STRONGER THEN THESE EVIL PILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made it to hour 73 since my last pill!!!!!!!!!!! I'm working all day, just gotta stay positive!!! I'll stay posting in this thread. Thanks y'all
My head is telling me to get some Lcohol tonight... In really really craving some hard alc.. Grant me the serenity...
Don't give in....it will be so hard on your body! You have made it this far, don't turn back now. It is going to get better. You are strong! Already on day 3 going on 4 and you are working! That is amazing and you are about to turn a corner.
That's your brain telling you to use something to take away the ickies.  I've tried that, but it didn't really make me feel any better.   Well sort of, but mostly tired.   Alcohol is really a depressant, so while it gives you an initial buzz, after it wears off, you are still left with the wd feelings mentally.   The same thing with Marijuana.  I don't know what your history is with alcohol, but for many it becomes a substitute for the pain pills and then they have a new addiction to kick.   Plus your brain is working overtime trying to restabilize itself right now, so any substance you add in throws it off while in early wd.   Just be careful.  
Can't slept. Nyone awake?
i was up at 6...... slept few hours but not much...how are you feeling??
Hanging in there... 90 hours!
Very depressed.
Depressed how? Did something happen or are you just feeling this from the w/d's? How can we help you?
The depression is the worst thing for me.  I don't know that they want me to put my poems on here but they do not good on the social forum and some of them are inspiring.....this is one:

One day at a time, I hear that alot
But they don't understand the pain that I've got
I've let through He!! and the trauma seems stronger
Than my will to recover, I pace and I ponder
I brood for hours, I need to get high
My body is aching, God close your eyes
I don't want you to see this, I'll just let you down
I'm out of your reach in this poisoness town
I know a dealer, he trusts me alot
I've got enough gas, I'll give it a shot
I'll just borrow three, I'm fronting again
Soon I'll have money, I'll pay him back then
I pull up to his house,now I want more
I'm pusjing my luck, but I'll ask him for four
I sit on his couch and ask him for ten
He says that he's out, he's lying again
Now I am screwed, I don't have the gas
To search any more without having cash
Had I just asked for three perhaps he'd gave in
Back in my bedroom, the withdrawals kick in
I can't concentrate, if I could I would fight
The daytime is torture, it's no better at night
Awake in my bed, sore from the pacing
I toss and I turn, my mind begins racing
Forgive me everyone for the lies that I told
For my reckless behavior and the things that I stole
Alone with my thoughts the sadness I feel
Subsides into sleep, the nightmares seem real
I wake drenched in sweat and pray maybe today
This cycle will end and I'll be okay
But peace will not come until the fear of change
Is less than the pain of staying the same

Hope you feel better
Talk to us sweety.  Maybe you finally got some sleep but we are here for you.
Yeah I wrote that in treatment and it was actually for a friend that still struggles with his recovery.  Of course all of the ones I write have some of my pain mixed in there too but it is a creative outlet for my pain.

Larry
It's very good and very powerful.  
Excellent poem!   Exactly hits on how we all feel.  Thank you for sharing.

Frick, the depression is part of the wd...post and let us know how you are doing and if we can help.   It does pass.  
Of course it passes.  Everyone gets depressed no matter who you are but it is a process getting out of it for us.  I hope you believe that it gets better.  I am bipolar type one which means I have the capacity to fall into a bottomless abyss of depression.  My depression is different than most people's and it always a battle keeping myself out of it.  I am in a good place now.  It took alot of work and meds to get me to this place but believe if I can do it anyone can.  Everything starts and ends in an instance it doesn't matter how long it takes.  The longer you stay in depression the better it will feel when you come out of it.  Think of it as a rubberband that is being pulled downward.  In the instance it is released you will snap out of it.  Keep fighting but don't spend all your time trying to come out of depression.  Trying means you can fail.  Doing means you won't fail no matter the outcome, with no regrets you win.

I am not right about anything.  I just know that I don't know and it keeps me centered and spiritual.

Have a great day

Larry
I just bad. Guilty ( idk why) depressed, bored,
Your poem was inspiring! Made me feel better. I did sleep last night though finally!!! You guys have saved me in soo many ways in this hard time. I never feel alone w y'all here. I use the mobile version on my iPhone so I take y'all everywhere w me haha. Keep my head up. The inspiring words from you guys is what helps keep me going.
Yay!  :)  
Slept until 1 pm today. Guess my body needed it, feling a little depresssed like I wasted my day though:(
Sleep as much as you can, especially during these first 2 weeks.
It takes alot of energy for our bodies and minds to detox & adjust, and I found sleep a welcomed relief when I was detoxing.  
Drinking alot of water and gatorade really helped me too, and of course this website.  
Hang on, there is a light at the end of this tunnel and it feels great not to be controlled by pills.