Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Diazapam use, how long before I am addicted and will need to withdraw?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is taking diazapam temporarily (4-6 wks) helpful for speed n pot withdrawals? When should i get off them? Been on them for 22days have about 20tabs left. Have taken speed and pot for 20-25 years, respectively? Don't want to get addicted to valium as well???
you will have no withdraws from weed, and most speeders i have run with only go into a couple days of mild withdraws, even the meth users i know. but the w/ds from the pills is gonna be ten times worse then that! i dont do pills, coke is my doc, but many of my friends on here have, and they will answer ya ?   , my ? to you is this, did ya doc give  you these to get past the speed n weed? cuz ya shoulda used the weed to quit the speed, and then jus kicked that, now ya may have a whole new prob to deal with.....
thankfully vailum is not quite as addicting as xanax...but is still addicting...make sense? you should get off that now..You haven;t been on them long but you always want to be careful when stopping any benzo cold..How many mgs are you taking a day? Start weaning now..benzo w/d is no walk in the park my friend..
Hi there,

I'm currently on a Valium detox myself after many years of being prescribed this poison.

Having been a heavy Amphet user in the past I can see why you chose to use a Benzo to "Come Down " with but please believe me when I tell you that the Benzos will be very, very much harder to kick than the speed.(Harder than Heroin, harder than crack, harder than any drug out there!!!!!!!!) You will wish that you had not bothered if you carry on with them, that I can promise you. Coming down off speed is a breeze compared with coming the Benzos. Please PM if you want any further ???,

I'm on day 106 and still having to munch 13mgs a day to just remain stableish and it's killing me. Benzo takers please BEWARE
I know getting off benzos is tough after reading posts...they get off slowly and have sleep and anxiety issues as well....i would get on off soon as i could..if u have been at a high dose u may need to taper off of them