Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Diclofenac

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Diclofenac

Not really a question, more of a suggestion. But if your like me, you probably want all you can to help with detoxing, so.... Try diclofenac for the aches associated with dt's if you can get it. I don't know if it will help through the night (which for me is the worst) but I know I'm able to sit at my desk all day without hammering a hole in the ground with my foot when I take it.  It's a non-steroid anti-inflamatory like ibprofren except stonger. It's non narcotic and not an opiat. It will not make you feel any different (drowsy etc.) it just relieves some of the aching (which is the worst part for me).  I'm only coming off hydrocodone but it helps. It does require a prescription, but some doctors are understanding and willing to work with you on things like this. I am not a doctor, just experienced in the matter.

2 other prescription meds that are non-addictive, non-narcotic that help are phenergan (for nausea/vomiting - but also causes drowsiness) and lomotil for diarrhea (it slows the intestines just like pain killers without the other effects). I saw a doctor when coming off methadone who gave me these.