Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Difference between hydro & oxycodone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Difference between hydro & oxycodone?

Hi.  I'm tapering from percocet, but have hydrocodone pills.  Just curious, does anyone know the difference?  Is a 10 mg hydrocodone the same as a 10 mg percocet (oxycodone)?  Reason I'm asking is I can break my hydrocodone pills in fourths a lot easier than my percocets.
Percs are stronger, but have less tylonal..
Thanks.  I always wondered.  One dr. told me they were the same, but I noticed the hydro can get refills where the oxy can't so it makes sense that the oxy is stronger.  Do you know what the difference is?  Like is 10 mg of hydrocodone equal to 5 mg oxycodone or something like that?
umm I'm not sure. It depends on the person.I know that in my case I've been taking Lortabs for so many years now that a few 10's won't do anything, and I can take 1 or 2 Oxy 7.5 and feel a little something more. But they are technically supposed to be stronger and you are right that is why you can't get a refill. You have to go in to the doctor to get it.