Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Dilated pupils.... Go away!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Dilated pupils.... Go away!!

Is anyone else experiencing insanely dilated pupils??? I'm finding it hard to look people in the eyes because my eyes look literally black. As a green eyed girl, it's super noticeable...
Day five is here and i feel great, but I look in the mirror and see these huge pupils and it gives me anxiety...
Anyone else get this? And if so, when does it stop??
Stop focusing....You're day 5... that's GREAT...
I know exactly what you are talking about...I have blue eyes that just look black too, I go outside and i feel like a vampire the sun hurts my eyes so so bad.
We're all seeing our lives through a different prespective.. That's what someone once told me. I know that isn't why it's happening, but it sounds good, right? HAHA!
Higher heart rate, anxiety, pupil dilation. All linked to hightened cortisol, which is linked to withdrawl (withdrawal). Peace ( no pun intended!). It will pass. Something to be said for "perspective". Self imposed new way of experiencing reality. All good in the end!
In baltimore, we would say:  "You gotta eye problum!?"  LOL

I say who cares what you look like.  Day 5 is a good milestone.  You will be looking and feeling better in no time.  Not only will your pretty green eyes shine again, but your whole face will radiate with health.

You are so on your way.  Matt  
During withdrawal and detox, dialated pupils is completely normal.  Opiates make your pupils constrict to pin dots, so the natural reaction getting clean is the eye relaxing.  This will go away after about a week.  Don't worry about it, your eyes should be seeing things much clearer and sharper - colors will seem much more vibrant.  Your clean eyes are beautiful - even dialated.  Congrats on day 5!  Keep posting.
Wow is that what that was all this time !   (LOL) I thought I was going nuts with the lightthing and all I wanted to do was stay in the dark !
Hey Jim - I saw on Gizzy's post that you have 24 days!  Way to go, you are nearly at your 30 day mark.  Isn't it funny he sensations that we experience once we begin to get clean.  I noticed the dialated pupils big time when I detoxed - thought it was kind of cool, but the bright light is noticable.  Lots of other senses are heightened too, but I noticed things healing and back to normal after about 70 - 90 days.  Keep moving forward.
Hahahaha all these replies got a huge laugh out of me. U are all soooo right. I feel amazing and if the most of my worries at day five are pupil issues, then I really can't complain...
I don't know a single one of you in real life, but holy smokes, I'm so grateful for you all.
Xoxo