Do I need to taper tramadol off?
Hi I have been on 50 mg a day (cut into 2 - 25 mg doses) for about 35 days.  Do you think I need to taper off or go cold turkey to stop?  thanks for answering!
I need to get off this tramadol soon because it causes me horrible itching & I am only on a small dose, as Iposted.  I just don't know if I should cut them & taper off.  I appreciated your help so much, as I have been miserable with the pain & itching.  thx
Hi-   You're on a very small dose as it is so its a bit hard to taper down from that amount. I would just stop it completely but if you become symptomatic, taper. Just drop a small amount over time, but seriously, you may be fine just stopping, especially when the itching is gone!
Thank you for your comment. I only took 25 mg yesterday, & none so far today so it's been 25 hrs now.  I'm only itching a little now (whereas I had itched awfully for the whole time) , so I'm pretty sure it was the pills & I sure hope they get out of my system soon.  Yesterday a while after I took the 25 mg I was itching like crazy & that's why I didn't want to taper unless I have to.  I think I might make it without having to taper. The sooner the better.  I have been miserable.  Thank you again vicki595, & to all fellow posters:  If you have a terrible itch all over, it might just be something you're on because that is a common side effect of many medicines.  Good luck & prayers to all who need help.