Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Do any of you know what DMX is?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Do any of you know what DMX is?

I just watch a episode of intervention and was wondering if you guys know what DMX is I'm not sure what it is just wondering.
hey there...dmx or dmt?
Isn't it dextramethorpan?  The active ingredient in robitussin.
DXM-dextromethorphan...just like sue41 said is in cough suppressants
DMT-dimethyltryptamin...hallucinogen when combined
cough syrup
I saw that last night & was wondering also! LOL
So here's a stupid question, do people abuse DXM? I'm sure you can in some way or another but I've never done that so I'm curious. My friend called me and told me about the show, but I missed it, darn!!
you would be really suprised..i can pm you and tell you more about that..my teenage son told me exactly how they do that..it gets smokes,drank etc...What in the world???
its a cheap man's acid. It is a psycholdelic trip. It is nuts.
The dmt is similar to mda/mmda and is basically what you would call an ecstacy analog....a little confused about dmx - It could be dmso - a solvent that is used for cleaning auto parts and also as a carrier to introduce solutions of substances into the system rapidly...kind of like shooting it up. It is also used (non-clinically) for arthritic situations.....its supposed to help.....it penetrates and carries substances through the skin and into system. And then again cough syrup has gotten more popular lately for some reason....DMX - perhaps its a drug moto cross?
Please do as I have two teenage boys and I do my best to stay informed!!
i sent you a pm..for all you parents out there..google dxm..not dmx..if you hear your teens talking about things like..Red Devils,Skittles<Robo Dosing,Dex,Vitamin D orange crush,triple C..this is what they are referring to..It is found in any cough medicine containing the words TUSS or DM...crazy...and very dangerous..
DMX is very hard on your Kidneys and liver, but is also a killer to your digestive system. Also all digestion will stop if you misuse DMX....it does give you a strong trip much like that of LSD or MDMA, but is much harder on the bodys organs. Abusing DMX will put you on the fast track to failure of many organs in your body. And it happens very fast. Also i have read that if women misuse DMX, the chances of not being able to conceive a child are lessened. Do not abuse DMX....thank you, Peace and love!

-Danners
Geez...guess there is a way to abuse everything...i know in my teenage days people used to sniff gas...bury apple juice to let it ferment...i guess you have to drink alot of DMX to get high   YUCK!  Probably will lead to restrictions being placed on it like sudafed and be hard to buy...then when u need it for a cough u will have to show your license!...
Thanks for the information, danners no I'm not trying to abuse I so an episode of intervantion yesterday and this kid was using DMX so I was wondering what it was
thanks
for cryin out loud...did my answer get deleted again?????
lol, well, I am pretty sure that DMX is a rapper. But DXM is found in cough syrup and taken in extremely high doses can cause you to feel high. Its really big with teens these days as it is over the counter. I watched that too and it was nuts wasn't it. I felt bad for him. I really did.
I like that liscamdave DMX is a rapper and dxm is whats called trippin on tussin........
I had to say it. I know what she meant, and I actually saw that episode last night. It was really sad. Hope your well bud...

xo
i was watching the same episide.the guy's name was Ben.
Yeah, they aired it last night. It was amazing how disoriented he actually was. He had no clue where he was going, It is amazing how we let drugs overtake our entire beings.
I thought it was wild how he ate all those delicious french fries. UUMMM yummy fries yummy fries munch munch munch..
K   got it DXM is dextramorphone or something like that...i just looked at a bottle of cough syrup i have.....I guess i dont know rap very well as never heard of this DMX guy...LOL   Rap has never been one of my faves...rock n roll gal i guess...
Novahistine DMX
Generic Name: dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, and pseudoephedrine
So DMX can also be right. Either way it does get abused.
Wow! I am really surprised that more people don't know about DXM (dextromethorphan) It is actually very commonly used as a recreational drug now adays. It is most similar to ketamine or PCP. People just chug bottles of cough syrup and there you go. DXM, however, is not very dangerous itself, but it's more the other ingredients in most cough medicines that could be seriously dangerous.