Do the cravings ever go away?
If I get through the detox, will the cravings EVER go away?
Hi!  I think it is part of the whole detox program.  Once the physical wd's end, then comes the mental/craving part.  I did read in a book about addiction that said craving should be viewed as part of the healing process.  Each time you get a craving the neurotransmitters that were disrupted by you DOC are looking for that fix.  In time those neurotransmitters return to normal and the craving subside but it does take time.  For so long we have fed our bodies and brains with our addiction that it takes time to heal.  That is the hardest part for me to overcome.  Also i read that each craving lasts from start to finish approx. 15 minutes which I thought was interesting.  Hope that helps some.  Stay strong, don't give in!!  Ladydi4185
hi there...when cravings would hit me i would close my eyes and hold my head back looking up...it seemed to help.  cravings usually peak 30, 60, 90, 120 days...as time goes by they go away..i m over 10 months clean and haven t had a craving  in a long time...hang in there and stay strong...don t let your brain trick you..maria
I was personally clean for 6 months but the cravings never went away during that time and I've started up again. I never went through any special program or anything; I just stopped. It's been about 5 months since I've started again.
I know this comment isn't encouraging but I just wanted to remind you that this will be a long and hard road. I wonder if even when I am clean again I'll still crave for the rest of my life.
I wish you willpower, Cassie.
i do think if u work a program to help u stay clean..u can do this..and habits cease..people who quit smoking slowly stop having the urge to smoke..altho some sstill think bout it from time to time..it lessens..this i can say..but during stressful times the urge can surface..and that is why aftercare is so important...if u relapsed and did not ever do any type of aftercare..then u never gave urself a chace..really...u were destined to fail...getting clean is the easy part...if u r not willing to do the work to stay clean/if u r a true addict//chances are very very high that u will fail...but there r those who do not fail...but it will be after they accept the fact that they will have to do the mental work to stay clean that they will succeed