Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Does anyone know exactly what supplements pain pills deplete your body ...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Does anyone know exactly what supplements pain pills deplete your body of?

i know that one is zinc, does anyone know the others ive looked everywhere online and cant find anything
I don't know much about it, but potassium is another biggie. I did quite a bit of reading about it a while back, but I am old and I do not retain information like I used to. Sorry... LOL
I dont know for sure, but I can tell you from my last 3 blood test results in the past 9 months or so my body is very low in Iron and Potassium! Right now I recently started supplements that have a combo of : magnesium, zinc and calcium, and then I separately take Iron, Potassium and B and C vitamins.  
here is a site that tells what can deplete supplements but pain killers is only mentioned under vitamin C, i noticed alcohol is on alot of them

http://www.theherbsplace.com/Supplement_Deplete_sp_144.html
Hi. I read here on the forum to take bone meal. I don't remember who said it. but I brought it and take it with the liquid multi and coral calcium. I think it helps. I'm feeling pretty good. Going to get some extra B3 for the head see if it helps. too.  Love and Peace  
JG
well found a website on addict made to help others fight their battle if anyone is interested http://www.mypainkilleraddictions.com/
read something else interesting i didnt know, When you take opioid drugs for a long time, your body stops making natural painkillers so even small pains seem severe when the drug leaves your body
Im am not positive but zinc magnesium boron potassium calcium B-vitamins esp B-6. Take a really good multi several times a day at first, then go back to normal. My vitamins are loaded with supplements so I don't have to add these much. I try to increase the calcium magnesium intake. It is better to do this 2-3x day because your body can only process so much at a time. Gatorade helps if you just detoxing. It helps restore the electrolyte balance. I think one of the reasons we need the vits & supps is because we overloaded our liver and kidneys with all the drugs. These organs can only process so much. Then the rest is stored in fat & sloughed out of the body. That's one reason we feel so awful detoxing. All these things are coming out so the body can dump them.
You might take a look at the book End Your Addiction Now, by Charles Gant.  The sub-title of the book is "The Proven Nutritional Supplement Program That Can Set You Free."  It's available at most public libraries.

The program advanced by Dr. Gant is one of the essential elements of my Recovery.  I don't think I would have made it with JUST Gant, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it (this far) without his program.

CATUF
934
I too feel my success has a lot to do with rebuilding the body. I have very few cravings at all. How about you?
Same with me regarding IRON and POTASSIUM - low in both of those and this really makes me feel exhausted and get ALOT of cramps in my feet/legs, etc.

Now that I am taking supplements religiously, I do feel ALOT better.  

It is really helping also with my tapering off of vicodin.
this is a good thread, Im glad you posted this. lots of info and links. And also, CATUF, thanks for posting the name of that book again. I looked for it last time you mentioned it , and couldnt find it.  I STILL cant. I just looked on ebay tonight and there are no copies of that book. I really want to get it bad!
in addition to going to make its post earlier... something else to try is pedialyte instead of gatoraide  it not only rehydrates better but also replaces the salts and potassium faster.... also vit b12 is huge for energy and motivation while detoxing
wanted to bring this back to the top to see what everyone else thinks also, missbecca today im broke but i do have mulitivitamins and gatorade lol, hopefully i can get some b12 soon i need it lol