Does snorting oxy contin make it stronger than swallowing?
My son takes Oxy Contin for pain.  Recently, he has been snorting them.  I was told that this made the drug stronger.  Is this true?
OxyContin is time release so when you break it its no longer time release it last's about 1/3 as long as if you had swollowed it.  you get it immidatly and all at once when you snort it.

VERY DANGEROUS!  
It does not make the drug stronger, but its really stupid!!  Sometimes drugs administered in different ways can produce different & dangerous affects.  It's technically impossible for it to make the drug itself stronger......

god bless,
nauty..........
Correction!!  Thank you TrayCee.....I guess it would make the drug stronger ....i was not thinking of the timed release....was trying to be evasive answering this question, and made an error........Yes, it is made to release slowly into the body and by snorting it, is Very, Very.....DANGerouS!!!

My apologies.

Nauty
yes it is much stronger. if your son is doing this then it would seem that he is already addicted. this is a very powerful drug and urge you to get him help right away. my boyfriend shot up oxy for atleast 5 years and just now went to rehab for the 4th time after trying to quit col turkey multiple times.. please get him help. best of luck and im sorry you're having to go through this.