Does subutex have an opiate blocker in it?
I am currently takeing subutex and I have to have two root canals on monday. I know thay will be giveing me something for pain that is an opiate, and I will probobly need them. I was just wondering if the subutex would block whatever the dentist gives me. So I know if I should discontinue use for a few days while im healing, and need the pain relief.
SUB fills all the receptors so no narcotics can get in......im not so sure if going off it is such a good idea a root canal and withdrawals sounds like a horable combination as for something non narcotic..........Gnarly  
Hi- Subutex is a long acting opiate that more than covers all opiate receptors in the brain.
It's often used for pain relief in a hospital situation. You shouldn't need any other pain med
after the root canal treatment and I wouldn't discontinue the subutex without speaking to your prescribing physician.

Good luck!