Does the Thomas Recipe work?
     Im trying to prepare myself for what looks like a week of hell.  I have been reading old and new posts for the entire day and finally came to the conclusion that I need to post myself.... I have been taking pain pills for recreational use for a good 12 years, the earlier being on and off, but the last 3 being every single day, taking  6-10 of 10mg percocet or vicodin per day,usually whichever I could get my hands on.  The past 4 days however I have consumed over 200 mg of oxycontin . I have only taken it on rare occasions before and I know that neither is better than the other for you or your body, have somewhat tried to stay away from the oc. I have tried to quit taking pills before which lasted 2 days, with no help , I didnt tell anyone because I am ashamed to say anything, I would probably get fired from work if I said anything to anyone. Those 2 days I still went to work and didnt seem that bad except I got no sleep for those 2 days and my muscles hurt like hell (this was just coming off of perc and vic) So what Ive decieded to do was take a week of vacation off at work and start this detoxing and do it the right way. no half-assing it, I read a few old posts about the Thomas Recipe and Im gonna try it, I can handle the flu symptoms, but the no sleeping and spazzing out in bed is going to drive me completely insane! I currently feel even more horrible about myself because Im taking oxys instead of percs, and I dont even like the way they make me feel but am such an idiot that I take them anyway just so I dont withdraw.  If anyone has any thoughts or possibly experience with the thomas recipe, or anything to help with sleep ? Thank you for reading, I am hoping to do this soon. My kids deserve a better Mom.
Your name says it all..You are better than that..The Thomas recipe minus the benzo is as good as it gets.All the ingredients help in withdrawal.I personally found that sleep was helped by Nyquil without the decongestant.It contains dextromethorphan,acetaminophen and doxylamine in recommended doses.The dextromethorphan is a mild opiate that i think soothes the opiate receptors and acetaminophen helps pain and doxylamine induces sleep.It helped me get through a few nights.The one in the alcohol base is better I think but if one is concerned about alco0ho0l get the gelcaps.It can not contain the decongestant.Sleep is so important for the body to regenerate and also for some form of escape from the withdrawals.Keep wanting the clean life for you and your children more that the drug and you will win the battle against this foe.
Thank you for your post, I really appreciate that. I think if I can overcome the nights, and sleeping I might be ok and then of course actually STAY clean. I have already started tapering down as of today, just waiting until I take that week off work so I can do it head on. I dont want to set myself up for failure because when Im at work is when I THINK I need them most, although its all in my head.
That is the best way to do it if possible I did that two years ago if was far milder then when I CTed in the past.Do you have a doctor you can trust to help you get offf of them .there are some meds (skipping the benzos) then can help during tapering and wd they of course you would have to get from a doctor
No I dont have a doctor or anyone to goto. I sometimes wish I did so I could have stopped years ago...today is my first day doing th ct thing, Im already arguing with myself so lets see where this takes me.
thanks!
No time like the present. You are just prolonging the inevitable. It becomes worse to quit later the more you continue to put your body and nerves to sleep. Moving to stronger substance will make the next try more painful. How your memory now? Losing track of things?
its almost 1pm and I havnt taken any pills yet today...Im just loungin around in my PJs watching tv. had one craving and ate instead, imagine I will gain weight rather than lose which Im trying to do also, but I guess thats less important right now. Yea...Ive pretty much lost track of my entire life as far as the memory thing goes. Today will be ok I hope but Im scared of tonight and tomorrow.
what is the thomas recipe?  when do you start?  How long do I wait to take suboxone after using?  when I do take it will it stop the withdrawl, will I be able to work without major anxiety?  my biggest problem is the anxiety.
hey I just sent it to you via message in your inbox if you wanna check it out. I hope it works....as far as our suboxone I dont know ask your doctor first. Im going back to work tomorrow and my major problem is anxiety too, and lack of sleep, so if I can overcome those two I hope it wont be so bad?