Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Does vicodin give you anxiety

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Does vicodin give you anxiety

When I first started it calmed my anxiety. Now if I even take two my anxiety get really high. Am I the only one that happens to? Tomorrow I go down to 1 pill 2x a day for my taper so I'm excited because I'm sick of popping xanax to deal with all this anxiety. I'm don't think the anxiety will raise because I'm tapering and the less I willl have in my system

I can't wait to be clean of all this again.
for me my anxiety came when I quit using. never had it before while i was using. i was however irritable, b*tchy, and just in general an A-hole to be around.
I have had anxiety all my life.I think i used drugs to self medicate.[i know i did].Yes when i use now 2 hours later my anxiety will be bad.the drugs are counter productive for me now.my depression got way bad too.
Now my doctor has me on Remeron for depression and Clonapin for anxiety.since i have been clean my anxiety and depression got out of hand.i hope some day i will be completely free of drugs.WOW! what a battle.I also used alcohol to self medicate.BAD MOVE!:[
I found that if I didnt take my xanax or my anti depression pills i would have serious anxiety attacks...so while it added euphoria it increased my anxiety...
I have never experienced anxiety from Norco, but that said, they do give energy feeling, like I want to "do something", especially if you are taking them at bedtime.    
i think it does becuse ive been taking it and last night i couldnt sleep.  my heart was pounding and my entire body was shaking.
Does a anyone have high anxiety and depression after being off vicodin after two months.I can never get past that point  Have tried two times and the anxiety a d depression got out of hand. Start taking a pill aday.I even exercised 5 days a week. Any advice how to past that point ldorman69@yahoo
I have so much anxiety all the time, i have had it since i was 12 years old.  I get if I take my pain meds, I get when I don't take them.  I think I could right a book about how to deal with anxiety by now I have done so much research on how to deal with it, I even made sure there was nothing medically wrong with that could cause the anxiety and of course there wasn't.  It is all in my head.  Oh how fun life is eh??!!!!!
Hydrocodone is definitely a personality changer indeed. It gave me anxiety in a weird form. Since I have been using, (about 4 years) my family around me says I have become more bitter, angry, and less tolerable. Just having to fight with those stupid pills I think gave me anxiety. I NEVER had anxiety issues before, and NEVER used xanax until I started eating lots of Hydros. Even if you google hydrocodone, you will find anxiety or mood changes part of the side effects.
I agree with bettie1976 that my ANXIETY came AFTER I quit using...

Never had it until I quit using...

I am 50 days CLEAN off of an 8-10 Norco habit a day x's 3 years and kinda wondering just WHEN the ANXIETY will subside...
I've been taking Hydrocodone for past five months now, and I'm trying to stop, I take it for severe back pain, and when I stop taking it, I get really bad anxiety and have trouble sleeping.  Sometimes at work my anxiety is so bad, i have trouble functioning at work during the day.