Don't give up!
I have been lucking on this site for a few weeks before I finally quit abusing hydocodone 4 days ago. After 7 years of doing just about anything to have the pills and physically and mentally feeling like **** I decided to quit once and for all. (Have tried before) I did everything to get the pills, called people I barely knew, lied to doctors, scoured the internet, had my husband go to the doctor, drove miles to pick some up and paid out the a** for any amount. I deprived my kids of their mom cause I never felt like doing anything even though I thought that the pills gave me the "high" in the end they were doing nothing but making me constipated, have severe acid reflux every night and made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack. I am on day 4 and although that is not a huge hurdle I have the mind set this time and it is so much easier. Along with a very good multi-vitamin, Immodium AD, and ibuprofen I have managed to get through most of the withdrawals and now must resist temptation. Things are already much clearer in my mind and I have also resisted laying down all day as I have done in the past when I have tried to quit. I stay up and keep my mind as occupied as possible. No one knows about my problem, NO ONE except now you guys. I love this forum and I thank everyone of you for the posts, they help so much! I can't wait to drop my kids at school and get back home to read about everyone's progress. Don't give up!
I think that 4 days is a great feat girl! Being a mom of 2, I know how hard things can be. Except, I take mine for pain. When I quit the pain becomes horrid. I don't ever have W/D's due to not being able to think due to the pain. I come here and read all of the stories and want to quit so badly but the pain is so bad. I am looking form any kind of advice for pain so I can go about it again but I am allergic to NSAIDS which poses a bit of a prob. I can only take Tylenol OTC due to this allergy. I did try over the weekend Aleve but just like the rest, chest pain. I used to take something called Actron. They pulled it and then Orudis KT came out. Same med, different name. I found out they pulled it too. That sucks!