Drug reactions to Suboxone
What happens if you get severely hurt while on suboxone? Just wondering. What if hypothetically (heaven forbid) I got into an accident of some kind and had to be given pain meds like morphine or something at the hospital while still on suboxone? I'm guessing you'd need to tell them first, but what if you were unconscience or something? Please don't think I'm asking this to know if I can get high while on suboxone. That's the last thing I want to do. Seriously. I was just curious - something I've wondered ever since I started suboxone (especially since no one knew I was on it for many months. At least now if something like that were to happen my husband knows.)
You should have an ID card on you at all times explaining what and how much you are taking. If it's  trauma situation, Fentanyl will work. If it's a planned surgery, the usually switch you to a fast acting opiate in advance. The important thing is to be open and honest from now on, then people know how to adjust to your situation. Be careful, no unnecessary risks, and keep working your program, you will be fine. Are you in a sub program now, they should have told you this stuff?
I agree with weaver's post above.  

Make sure your PCP and any other doctor you deal with is aware that you're on Sub too.  Most times, in a trauma situation, the hospital will contact your PCP for medical records and info, so as long as it's on file, you should be okay.

The ID card is a great idea too, put it with your license, and of course any situation where you are seeking medical attention and not unconscious, you need to tell the medical staff about the sub so you can properly be treated.
I guess I shouldn't have said "NO ONE" knew. My Dr. knew/knows. Thanks for the info. Yes, I guess you could say I'm on a "program" of sorts - not like at a clinic, but a Dr. supervised taper plan. I was just wondering. Guess I should look into getting a med id card. I know the neurontin I've been prescribed says I need one. I would think a dr. could give you suboxone for severe pain/injury/surgery instead of other opiates if your a past addict or already on it. I'm not sure why they don't - might look into it and find out.