Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
EVERYBODY PLEASE PRAY-3YR OLD IN HOSPITAL FROM NEAR-DROWNING TODAY

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

today was my 1 st day working at the pool. i was only 15 mins into my shift when our neighbor found her 3 yr old little girl "April" at the bottom of the pool!!! we think she was down there for almost 3 mins. when she was pulled out she was lifeless and not breathing!!!! she was givin CPR while we waited for the paramedics and it took a good 2 whole mins. to get her breathing. her little lungs were filled witth water, they rushed her to the community hospital, stabalized her then transfered her to childrens hospital. at first no one thought she would make it, but we found out a short time ago that she turned around and is looking better. the news came by later this afternoon and interviewed me and 2 others. they're doing a piece on how the ppl there came together and saced her life.

IF EVERYONE WOULD PLEASE KEEP LITTLE "APRIL" IN YOUR PRAYERS TONIGHT... with the amount of time she had no oxygen they dont know what kind of damage there will be

thanks,
tink :)
OMG---Tink how much more can you go through?? She is in my prayers..
how terrible i don't know what to say..
pray pray pray
what a horrible accident...i feel the lord will spare this little angel.   i immediately said a prayer and will continue to do so.   please keep us updated.

huggs,
kim
the local news came and did  story, they interviewed me cause i was working at the time it happened. when the story posts online i'll send you the link. or you can check the website after 10pm its       todaystmj4.com

she is an "ANGEL" :) it all happened so quick. i was checking some guests in at the time and all i heard was this "gut-wrenching-scream" from her mother and knew something terrible happened. (all you mom's out there know the kind of distinct scream i'm talking about) i just know i'll be dreaming of it for a awhile. it was so horrilble to see her lifeless body laying there so innocent, we think she may have tripped and hit her head, then fell in the pool. there was a small amount on blood in her mouth. i was A, B and C- CPR certified about 10 yrs ago, but never had to use it. it really made me think "what if", so this week i'm gonna call about getting re-certified.

thanks everyone for your prayers for her....she really needs them, we're still hoping she wont have any permenent damage from lackof oxygen for a good 5 mins.

luv ya,
tink :)
This little girl obviously has an angel watching over her.  A good reminder that if  we are physically able we all should be CPR certified.  Prayers coming your way Tink.
You can't bet I will pray for April. What a tragedy. Hopefully, she will be ok. Little ones can snap back better than adults, so she has that on her side. I'll also pray for her mom because that would be a terrible thing for a mom to go through.

Hugs.....LS
What a tragedy!  I will pray for the little girl and for her family.
oh no =( I will keep that little angel in my prayers. How awful! I know two moms who lost their children to drowning and it is one of the biggest fears i have for my own 2 young children every day.
Please keep us updated on her.
thankyou for your prayers.....

April is doing good this morning, and hopefully she will be released today....AMAZING.....she's okay, she was under fwater for sooooo long.... you can see the news story this morning online-    todaystmj4.com

Thanks again.....

luv ya,
tink  :)