Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Effective way to quit Corex Cough Syrup

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Effective way to quit Corex Cough Syrup

Sir,
  My Name is Noel Dhungel, 28 yrs working in a US based MNC, so i work the night shifts and i am addicted to Cortex Cough Syrup since last 3-4 years, Earlier i used to take while coming to work so that i can enjoy working and be in my own world because i cannot get along with my college a lot, but now i have started taking corex on my off day too and not the situation is i don't get enough sleep, and moreover i cannot work the way i used to work earlier and i really want to quit, please help me with suggestions
I dont have any answers for you but I see there are other posts about the same addiction as you. Just do a search on cough syrup and you might find what you need.

Good luck
Silly addiction?  That's a little rough, no?
ermmm...if we could quit for family, friends even children, many users would have done so years ago and aa/na/ rehab wouldnt exist lol!!
selfish man huh? hello-- addiction is a self centred dis-ease one of its main symptoms infact.
addiction is not silly it is very serious, and on a forum where peeps come for help i think that is very unappropiate....no wonder some poor souls never come back, with replies like that!!
Yeah right! So you think you, a stranger, would ever be taken seriously by an addict? Addicts hear that kind of thing from their own families and friends and don't listen. That's why they come here and the fact that they are here is proof enough to me that they have every good intention of quitting.

I think we all now know who the silly one is here. In other forums you would be labeled a TROLL and told to go away.

I feel bad for Noel80 to have had that kind of response when he's only looking for help.
hi sanjay. the two of us seem to be in the same boat. i have two kids also and i too want to quit. i've been having 3 - 4 bottles of codine based cough syrup for the last 8 years or so. the irony is that i never took it in my college years and would advice my friends who did. I started at 31 - real stupid i know.
Is there anyone out there who been through a real di-addiction program for codine based cough syrup? If so, could you please give us your program schedule and the medicines which you were given to treat your withdrawal pains. I realize that i should enroll in one such program but i've from a small town and in a profession which requires people to have faith in me. I'm majorly f**k, please help
Hai Friends,
My Name is Raj iam 29 year old,iam working in MNC company,so i work the day & night shifts and i am addicted to Rexcof Cough Syrup since last 4 years, Earlier i used to take while coming to work so that i can enjoy working and be in my own world,when iam not taking rexcof my mind is working very slow,but now i have started taking Corex on my off day too and not the situation is i don't get enough sleep, and moreover i cannot work the way i used to work earlier and i really want to quit, Pls help me with suggestions
for all corex addicts out there don't get hopeless n have faith first of all...
my name is nikhil 23 yr old n i ws a heavy corex abuser for 4 yrs average 5 bottels a day coz of the nil confidence and lost hope n faith i have but finally i kicked this ******* addiction on 7 oct 2014 on my b'day n now a month has passed n i m totally clean though it was the hardest days i experienced in my life but at last u'll be happy to **** this habit.
   **STRICTLY TAKE THESE NUTRIENTS BELOW TO QUIT**
      1) above all, take amino acids tab. or cap. from drug store n have once daily.
      2) daily take vitamin c tablets like CELIN 500mg once daily dont miss very imp.
      3) in morning, Ginger paste + honey + lemon drink daily
      4) never forget to take raw garlic + onion paste in morning.
      5) good multivitamin tab. after having breakfast very imp.
            NOTE: never take any tablets/capsules(multivit../amino acids)
                        at NIGHT OR BEFORE GOING TO BED.
       6) LASTLY, father of all medications WATER as much as u can drink
            but don't forget to add electrolytes in water if consuming 4 to 5 liters  
            a day.
            AND YOU ARE CLEAN TO ENJOY GOOD QUALITY LIFE...
             (( Follow this plan guarantee you 200% success))