Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Effects of ecstacy on fertility

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Effects of ecstacy on fertility

Is there any link between heavy use of ecstasy over a long period of time and infertility? I have some friends who cannot conceive and I wonder if this is why.
XTc & Methamphetamine R horrible drugs!! IF one must do recreational drugs --- do anything but these Two drugs!! Only after two  times of using Xtc brain damage may occur! If one continues to use this drug one will alter the genetic makeup of the brain. I do not doubt that UR friend cannot conceive --- XTC changes the brain in a negative way.. If You do not believe what I say, research the drug  UR self it is a horrible Xcuse for a recreational drug!! Please research this drug U will not like what U read!!!
yo... x fucks with you... don't do that ****!
The misconceptions flying around concerning MDMA are ridiculous.  First of all, to S.A., have you any clue about the experience you speak of?  You say that ecstacy may cause the young woman to "let loose".  Obviously, you are confusing ecstacy with alcohol.  The coservatives in this world condemn what they do not understand.  MDMA is NOT an escape from reality.  It does NOT IN ANY WAY lead to increased sexual activity.  The drug is not taken to increase sexuality.  It is a drug that clears away all the smoke and gives its user a clear view of herself.  It is ridiculous for you to even attempt to answer this question when you have no real understanding of this drug.
I did a lot of ecstasy years ago and my brain is paying the price for it today. MDMA causes hyperthermia in the brain, which can result in brain damage, especially when paired with hot tubs, dancing, etc. Ecstasy may not increase sexual activity but the drug makes the body more aroused naturally. If you've done the drug you know exactly what I'm talking about. I advise anyone who thinks the drug is harmless to NOT do it. My intelligence and concentration is so much less than it used to be.
obviously lisa you have not taken or researched this drug because some people do take it simply to have sex! the senses become highly alert and the body is sensative to touch so before you go on and on about ur ******* liberal ******** do a little research
i wish i could answer this question because i too am wondering the same thing. ive been doing ex for about five years now and it would not surprise me if it led to infertility. there have been many times when i didnt use protection or anything and nothing happened. ive never been pregnant and i definitely think i should have been. take it from someone who knows this drug inside and out from personal experience, ex affects the brain but how it affects each person is another story. <3
Mmhmm.
This topic has me curious now . i will say one thing. Ive gone on a pill binge before. & dint get my period during this month. Im not saying its the reason as to why i dint get my period but it probly played a bit into it.(considering the change in your body) I knew i was not pregnant because i had no signs & also dint have sex during this time frame. I have had sex with my previous boyfriends many times with no condom. never got pregnant. Its kinda weird how i never did. it did come to my mind before that maybe i was unable to have kids. Hopee you figure out the real answer. i know im curious to see.

I also really liked the comment Lisa left . " It is a drug that clears away all the smoke and gives its user a clear view of herself. " it was well said. :)

with best of luck to you . sending my love :) ! ShareBearx
ShareBearx~   Are you an advocate of ecstasy?  I sure hope not,for your sake...

V.
Myself, partner and a real big handful of friends of ours all took ex from the late 80's and did it recreationally over years. Several years on there are 8 of us confirmed as being infertile that i know of. The ex is the thing we all have in common. Could be bad luck? could be something else? but for a group of friends who all lived that lifestyle over several years ending up with the same problem.....all seems a little too worrying to be a coincidence? Im no doc and lets be fair my brain isn't as sharp as it was (also due to the ex) but it does make you wonder if that was the cause......be careful people if your taking it...i agree its great fun but the life long consequences may not feel like it was worth it years down the line ;-)
I don't advocate drugs - that's a decision adults make by themselves but I don't condemn or judge people who have. I took xtc for a few years with my friends and I have PCOS - which can cause Infertility. I have friends who are perfectly fertile, One who took drugs when she was young, has PCOS & Struggled with a violent rape attack in which she contracted chlamydia, was told it would be unlikely she would have children. She's just had her 2nd child. I do think it's an individual thing. We are all different, genes, environment, diet come in to play so saying one drug causes infertility seems to be bit of dramatic. I also find it very aggravating when people judge from this moral high ground but still drink alcohol, which causes more damage than the majority of drugs - I believe it's equal to heroin in it's damaging effects.