Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Emotions

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Emotions

Today is day 4 of being clean from 10/325 norco taking about 10 a day for 7 years,,,Yesterday I felt pretty good,,thought I was passed the hardest part of the wd,,,today I get up and I can not keep my emotions under control,,All I do is cry and feel very weak,,I feel like I am taking a step back and I dont want to,,this is by far the hardest thing I have ever done,,Im a very emotional person as it is and know that I have held allot in over the past years,,,not sure if that is where this is coming from or??? Any help would be greatly appreciated,,Reading these forms have made the past few days so much easier,,I just want to say thank you
HI Jillbo Congrats on day 4 !! You are doing so well.. the emotions are part of the process. we have suppressed these for so very long.. we take away the drugs and they come flooding out !! It is good a release years of trapped feeling.. cry if you feel like crying. as for feeling so tired this is understandable you are in wd and with the release of your emotions this too can be very weary work.. if you can try taking a walk. it does not have to be long but it sure helps to get those feel good endorphins pumping again and helping to elevate your mood.. Keep looking forward ok You are just about over the worst.. lesa
Congrats on 4 days!!  Here is another congrats on starting to feel again!!  We numbed up our emotions for so long and they are strangers to us.  Let yourself feel.  Cry away.  It is okay.  You will experience every emotion under the sun right now.  Just let it happen.  You are doing fine~~~~sara
Thank you both for the quick reply,,,I do seem to feel alittle better after I cry but its just so much,,,I have so much that needs to be done,,which normally would be no issue and just thinking about it makes me want to freak out,,,Im trying to take it one step at a time,,the hardest is the thought of going back to work tomorrow,,I run a office,,very high stress,,and the thoughts of doing this job clean scares me,,maybe not so much clean but feeling the way I do today,,,I haven't been to work since Thursday when I decided to stop taking pills,,I know I cant keep pushing work off because it is a must but Im just not sure I am ready,,Thank you both again for your quick reply as I said before I would not have made it this far if it wasn't for this form,,,
Congrats on 4 days clean and it does get better....time heals.

Hang in there and were all here for you and in the same boat so to speak, and hey maybe tomorrow you will get up and feel much better.

Actually the busy office might help you to keep your mind off the drugs.

Cissy