Excedrin PM
Is it safe to take
Excedrin PM after being clean off of Norco for 65 days.????

My back ain't been behavin' lately and someone suggested I try Excedrin PM at night to help with the back pain and sciactic leg pain.....

Not sure so any advise or suggestions is appreciated...

NorcoQueenoftheUniverse
Are you still having problems sleeping?

I do not see where the Excedrin PM could harm you as it does contain any opiates.

Just so you know...from my experience it causes RLS for me. I don't know what ingredient it contains that causes that but I get it pretty bad. I would hate to see you try and fall asleep and have your legs thrashing around the bed.

You may want to try an herbal supplement as a sleep aide.
Thanks sweet pea.. and YES I'm STILL HAVING a hard time sleeping.. but will take your advise and try an alternative sleep/pain aid..

Thanks for responding....I really do appreciate it...
have you tried melatonin?  ...it helped me some but i found a grocery store sleep aid that works better..the main ingredient is doxylamine succinate...very inexpensive and doesn t make me feel groggy in the morning...take about 40 mins before bed.  there is also tylenol pm and i think a bayer aspirin for nightime depending on what you can take...hope you get some zzzz s....it took me about 8 weeks...maria
yes, it would be totally fine to take anything OTC PM.  Hope you get some sleep.  AND  congrats on  DAYS CLEAN!!
Excedrin PM contains the same active ingredient as Tylenol and also has Diphenhydramine, which is also the same ingredient as Benedryl - it is a common ingredient in OTC sleeping aids.  The regular Excedrin contains caffeine, which could make you jittery, but the PM version does not contain caffeine.  Unisom is the OTC brand that contains doxylamine succinate, both sleep aids are essentially anti histamines that cause drowsyness.  There is no harm in taking them for occasional sleeplessness or minor pain, they do not contain opiates and when taken as directed, they are non-habit forming.  I use Sominex occasionally when I have difficulty sleeping and they work great.  Merrymaria suggested melatonin, which is also a great natural sleep aid, your body produces melatonin at night as part of the normal sleep cycle, many people have great success with it.  Best of luck NorcoQueen  - Take Care