Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Experience with L-theanine??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Experience with L-theanine??

Just wondering who has tried this, and how you think it worked, dosages, etc? Thinking about picking some up tomorrow, and I'm not sure if it's worth the money (approx. 20 bucks a bottle). Thanks to all!!
Tags: Addiction
I have totally bought into the Amino Acid thing.When Fladdict first put that list in here, I started to research and read.The more I read the more I bought. I have like 15 bottles of Aminos. (lol) I feel really good.I just added the L-theanine and L-methionine,so I can't say if just the L-theanine has made a difference.I just added more Zinc because while I was reading, some guru wrote that Zinc helps with cravings in the brain. I quit smoking Cigs (day7). It might all be in my head, but I am telling you, I have very little cravings for a cig. I think I will cut back on the Aminos in a couple months. But as an addict, I think I will take the 5HTP,DLPA,L-Theanine,Zinc,L-methionine, L-glutamine, B-Complex, Multi Minerals and multi vitamin the rest of my life.

PS......If you want to save $$$$$$$$$....You can drink like 8-10
cups of green tea to get your L-Theanine naturally.
I hate tea--------yuk
Yeah its not cheap... I didn't realize til I just now leaned over and checked the price tag on the bottle..
L-theanine is natural relaxing amino.. sterling silver is right is is found in green tea.. To get the amount you would want you would have to drink a large amount of green tea.. I personally only take them when and if I am feeling anxiety.. The work.. the first day it even felt like a clean almost valium like feeling without all the side effects of drowsiness and cloudy thinking.
OK FLaddict, I trust your judgment and I think I'll try it. The anxiety isn't that bad, just happens at times. I nearly shake my foot off when I get that feeling. Thankfully, it's become more infrequent and less intense. I'm trying to just not take anything right now. I'm having allergy symptoms and I can't figure out if they're allergy related or WD symptoms. This sinus headache and stopped up ears are about to drive me nuts, though.
Hi folks,

This page has some good info re: nutritionals during and after WDs. The page was written for methadone WDs, but trust me, if it can help with that, it can help with anything.

http://www.dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm

P.S. Protein is cheaper than drugs...

-----p&F
they can also help you sleep... Pick them up and only take them in times of stress or when you need relaxing.. you won't need them all the time so the $20 bottle of 30 should last awhile.. I have had them for 6 weeks or so and have not re-purchased yet..
And heck 20 bucks is nothing in the grand scheme of things... around here it would only buy me 5 10mg hydros.. this is something that will acually help you..
Since I've never bought any meds "off the street", I was truly innocent to the costs of these things if bought through the back door. I've seen prices anywhere from 4-10 bucks for a 10mg perc. I did the math the day before I went ct, and approximated the amounts of oxy and APAP I've taken over the last 3.5 years. It was truly amazing. It literally scared me sober.
I didn't know about the street price thing until I know longer had access to a doc.. I never should have went there... I knew better... having been off heroin for many years and had gotten a brand new life.. I should have cut myself off before I got to that point.. but we all know how that goes...