Experiencing Withdrawals/ Second Day on Suboxone
Hello...I am brand new to this and am seeking some advice, please.
I just began Suboxone yesterday. I am taking the film and my dose is two, 8 mg strips a day.
Before taking my first dose yesterday, I had not taken opiates for 17 hours and was definitely in moderate withdrawals, which is what my doctor said I needed to do.
Yesterday, I was still feeling withdrawals. Not as severe as I was experiencing before the Suboxone, but still, enough to not function very well.  Today, same thing. I was ok for about the first 2 hours after the dose and then shaky, skin crawling/chills, anxiety. It is terrible!
From all the research I've done on-line, it seems everyone has no withdrawal symptoms after dosing? I have read of people feeling sick to their stomach, bad headaches....but no withdrawals?
I would like to know if anyone else has had this happen when they were new to Suboxone and perhaps there is a stabilization period? My doctor never mentioned this as a possibility.
Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.   Thank you so much, Jenn
Jenn,
talk to your doctor about the way u feel and ask him for advice .There made be changes that doctor can do to help u feel better
I was just reading about this under the expert forum-ask a doctor forum on the home page. I hope it helps you some ;)
Its was under the doctor forums titled addiction...sorry
Yes....I did have wd symptoms continue for a short time until the suboxone dose leveled out. It took awhile. You'll be ok. But I had the chills as well as heaviness in legs - flu like symptons and crawly feelings in legs.
Hope you feel better soon.....You can do this.
SUB is a funny drug and people react to it all differnt ways im with avsg talk to your doctir they may have to bump up your dose till you stabilize then bring you back down wile on sub use your time wisely dont just switch drugs as so many do get into a program like N/A or A/A and work it you could be sub free in 90 days if your ready to stand on your own 2 feet you wont get that way watching tv you need to work a program but if you take the time to get well wile in treatment sub can be a very helful tool in getting well I wosh you all the luck in the world God bless.......Gnarly