FIORINAL DETOX
CAN ANYONE HELP ME GET OFF FIORINAL
I am not as familiar with barbiturates. Someone will come along to help. In the mean time. Post how much how often and the strength. We will need to know that to help answer your questions.
I STARTED TAKING FIORINAL #3'S FOR MIGRAINES. I WENT FROM 2, 4, 6 A DAY TO 20 PLUS. I HAVE A SECRET CLEARANCE JOB AND WOULD BE FIRED IT ANYONE FOUND OUT. I KNOW IM AN ADDICT FOR I TAKE THEM EVEN WHEN I DONT HAVE A MIGRAINE, BUT THATS JUST IT, I DIDNT WANT TO GET A MIGRAINE AND CALL IN SICK, SO I TOOK MORE AND MORE. NOW, I HATE MYSELF FOR BEING AN ADDICT AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO STOP. IM HOPING THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME GET OFF.
Have you tried any type of a taper plan or going cold turkey yet?
Fiorcet is my drug of choice (similar to what you are taking but I think maybe what you take has the codine).  I've had a long addiction problem with it - so I've gone cold turkey quite a few times (day 2 is pretty much horrible) but after day 3/4, you will start feeling better - the better way to go is to taper if you can do it without being tempted to cheat - if you are taking 20 - then take 20 for 2 days, and go down to 19 for two days etc (in otherwords, taper (my doctor is the one who told me how to do this) every 2 days by one pill). I found that if I wrote it out on my day planner it really helped as well as only putting that many in a bottle at a time. I even went and got a safe to lock the rest up in so it's a pain to have to get to them. I'm planning to taper again in January - so if you are interested maybe we can support each other - ??  I am also taking oxys and have been tapering off them - I was in a car accident and ended up taking them just to be able to get out of bed and walk - anyway - for whatever reason, I never abused them and never felt whatever "high" others get - but I'm still addicted to them and they are HORRIBLE to taper off of compared to what you are taking - I don't want to say a taper off fiorinol is easy but compared to the oxy's, it's so much quicker - and with the tapering I didn't get physically sick - but this time I have to go to NA or find a support system - and I've not been able to stay clean so just "getting off of them" hasn't worked so I know I need to do something different - feel free to email this address if you want any more support -