False Positive
I have 24 days clean. All tests were clean until 2 days ago. 2 days ago I twsted positive for thc and I
havent smoked any marijuana for at least 1 year. The next day I tested neg for thc but pos for methamphetamine. I havent touched any of that for 24 days. What can cause this? Medical Conditions? I have not used any over the counter anything. I may have been exposed to hep c & am going to be tested. Also when recently in the hospital a doctor asked if I was diabetic because my blood sugar was not right and I said not to my knowledge
There are a number of everyday food products that can cause a false positive test. Having worked in a hospital as well, I can tell you if this is a clinic testing, it's not uncommon for them to either make mistakes or mark tests according to previous patient records out of sheer laziness. There are strip tests (oral) that give an immediate result. A good clinic will use these as a backup in case of strange test results.
They used a 5 panel i cup urine test on me
the same exact thing happened to me with THC and oxycodone...failed to urine drug screens...did a blood test and passed with flying colors....ask for blood test from here on out ...the urine drug screens are too easy to get false positives from...
It was in a 7 panel test cup  (i cup)
It was sent to the lab and is "supposedly" going to be tested by GS/MS,  I'll have to wait & see.Unfortunately these positives will quite possibly result in probation revocation hearing.
Whats important is I know the truth. My counselor said in so many words that if I admit it
the Judge wouldnt have to find out. I said I will never admit to something that I am not guilty of.
I also am not willing to plea bargain my clean date!!!
I posted response to this question and for somee reason it has dispeared. STrange!
I too was given the i cup and failed for thc even though i hadn't smoked in over 4 years, iI explained this and asked that it be sent off for a confimation and was told it was too late...it had been discarded.  This resulted in the loss of a foster child i had for 6 years.
Cathy
When I was pregnant I missed a few appointments with my doctor and they started drug testing me....the last test I took came up positive for cocaine...???? I would NEVER use cocaine while I was pregnant!!!!! Does anyone know why this happened?? Bcuz now it resulted in DCF being involved!!! I never ever would think this type of thing would happen??!?!?!?!
Thanks for all of the feedback!! I go to court tomorrow & I'll post my outcome here(hopefully tomorrow provided i'm not in jail).I am sorry to hear of others having similar experiences & I wish you all the best for a succesful resolution. Just remember,NEVER admit to something that you are NOT guilty of NEVER!!
Dont click post comment twice!!
I posted a reply a few days ago but it seems to have dissapeared. Diabetes, Kidney infections, kidney problems can cause false positives. I am diabetic and have been told this. There are mant things that can cause false positives. If you do a web search you will find lots of info about this. I researched after having false positive for benzos. I was pregnant also and was really annoyed by it as my counsellor just did not give me a chance and assumed i was lying.I had had a negative test 5 days before and had definately not used anything at all that could cause the positive result. Dr at clinic said that because i had used benzos round about same time as i found out i was pregnant 3-4weeks prior to test it could still be in system. I questioned this as i had had negative test already and she said my urine could have been more diluted on this test. What a load of s***, they just did not want to pay extra cost to send test off for GS. Some cold remedies can cause false postives and ibuprofen for thcas well as some herbs for some things. My clinic used to do saliva tests which seemed tobe much more accurate. On the 5panel tests we get they can not tell difference between non prescribtion cold remedies and any pain killers containing codine such as co-codamol which can be bought over counter or in some supermarkets in UK or migraine tablets and heroin. All patients are advised to not take anything containing codeine but with many things you would not even think about it eg cold/cough mixtures. When you have positive they just record the result and do not do any further tests as they have stopped doing saliva tests as cost to high. The only time saliva swabs are taken is if someone is on probation or it is requested by social services for child protection issues and then they pay for it. The no. of clean tests had apparently dropped quite alot since starting to do urine tests again and stopping saliva tests.
I suvived court!! Itold the Judge of my concerns and I specifically asked for a GS/MS test. Good thing too, as this was the only way it was going to be done.
My labs came back today (GC/MS) & I was vindicated!!! How cool is that?  If this happens to you stand your ground, and admit to nothing you are not guilty of EVER!!
P.S. I had to ask the Judge to order GC/MS. Probably due to $$$$$, just like everything else it is all about the $$$$$$$
This is a long an interesting story that i'll share later, but for now I need icup help also.
I got some good advise just reading other posts wich lead me to post mine. I had just taken an icup urine test ( story wy later ) and failed for cocaine. I know it is a false positive most likely due to all the medication I am taking from being in a car accident. The test also said I was negative for opiates, but I have been taking oxycodone for months and showed them my perscription bottles.With that being said should that be grounds for the whole test being void. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
That is so sad. The reality is that people's lives are affected and altered based on faulty testing.I've had false positives and went to jail for one of them. But I was on parole at the time and was definitely guilty of committing a crime to get there. So in the end I placed myself in their hands in the first place but to lose a child for no wrong doing is ridiculous. No agency should have the authority to base a decision off one positive test. They should have to at least complete a second test and that is just not the case.