Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
False Positives for Oxycodone
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

False Positives for Oxycodone

My son who is in a drug court program is drug tested every thursday. It's always a urine test but was given a saliva test a few weeks ago and it showed a trace of oxycodone. He has been clean over 500 days and is adamant about it being a mistake. He had a hair follicle test performed but the court won't accept it because it supposedly only shows chronic use, not a one time use. Wondering if anyone knows of anything that could cause a false positive for oxycodone or have experienced a lab mix up?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have, suppose to be clean and oxys showed up in my system even though at that time it had been months since I last used,
There would let me plead my case and I got kick out of rehab
Blank
that is terrible. I don't know how these things happen
Blank
4113881_tn?1401895587
Ive heard of false negatives for Oxycodone.

Standard Drug Tests Sometimes Miss Oxycodone

Another problem is that most standard drug tests have a substantial false-negative rate for oxycodone (OxyContin, Percolone, Roxicodone) an opioid drug that's been associated with high levels of abuse. In some cases, a person could be taking oxycodone and the routine drug screen may miss it and report as negative. Oxycodone is also found in the medications Percocet, Roxicet, and Tylox.

Yet one study in the review showed that 88% of doctors didn't know that they may need to order a special test to accurately screen for oxycodone.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...