Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
False test results= I violated a Court Order. Any help?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I didn't know this until today, when I received a letter stating that I HAD VIOLATED the court order! And that my conditional release had been REVOKED because I Failed to have "NO USE or Possession of non-prescribed Drugs!" They did Not put a warrant for my arrest on me... yet, but I know they will try to say I was using at my next court date, when I was NOT! What can I do now to make them believe me? If anything... I'm in Minnesota, and pot is NOT legal! I was busted with it, they took my kids away from me and the wife for 4 days, spent 5 days in jail, and put on conditional release.

On February 28th I had my first pee test. It's a 1/2 hour drive from my home, I had to go, but I was extremely nervous, and drank enough water to go, and hadn't used since Feb 20th (day I was arrested).  A tester stood next to me, watching in the mirror next to the toilet, so it took about 5 minutes to pee.  I was told that they usually only allow 3 minutes to "try to pee" then they make you sit and wait for a 1/2 hour, then you have 3 minutes to pee again.  If you can Not pee the second time, they send you home, and you get a "Non compliant" mark against you... I wasn't going to let that happen! My test came back as THC level >200P over threshold of 50.

Still hadn't used any pot since 20th of February. My next test was on March 4th, only 4 days after the first test! That day I drank over a gallon and a half of pure (reverse osmosis) water from morning until 4pm, and was going to make sure I could pee in my allotted time of "3 minutes!" I couldn't make it to the test area without my bladder bursting, so I went pee at Cub Foods on the way, I had to get a Money Order anyways and they sell them at Cub. I also bought a 2 liter of coke to make sure I could fill my bladder again, so I could pee without waiting. I went shopping for a little while to build up my bladder again, and drank about a liter of Coke on the way to testing. I went in, my body needed to go again (Yes! ...I thought!) and so I went within the first minute! My pee was crystal clear! My THC test came back at 64P over 50...

Third test was on March 17th. This time I waited at home, I didn't drink a lot of water, just a few glasses in the morning, and waited until my oldest boy got home to watch the younger kids. (Still hadn't smoked pot since Feb 20th) I had to go at home, but held it until I made it to the testing facility! Pee came out a dingy yellow color. Test results came back as 138P over 50...

They are throwing the book at me, saying it's a felony to grow this marijuana medicine. (i started growing about a year ago, and it helped my insomnia, and kept me off cigarettes!)  I'm looking at about a year in prison, and I have a lawyer, but he's not sure on how to proceed... They think I'm smoking pot again, but I am NOT! Please any help would be appreciated!
They found marijuana in your system right? The problem with this is that marijuana can take a long time to totally get out of your system. Usually 30-45 days depending on amount of daily use, weight, amount of body fat, and metabolism. (Marijuana is a fat soluble drug, so the bigger you are, the longer it stays in your system.) I would definitely ask for a blood test. They are much more accurate and will give them a better picture of what's really going on. Seems like they aren't giving you proper time to metabolize and flush out all of the THC that you used prior to this court stuff. I would definitely talk to a lawyer and try to fight this, especially if you have not taken any drugs since all of the court stuff. I hope you get this all straightened out. Good luck to you!
Yikes.  I'm sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous to me.  I am so grateful I live in Canada where medical marijuana is legal and all marijuana is being decriminalized.  I don't use pot but I know it helps a great many people suffering with chronic pain.  Also, the amount of tax dollars wasted on throwing people in jail for non-violent marijuana related crimes is ridiculous.  I am so sorry for your dilemma and wish I had some advice to offer...All I can do is send my support and best wishes.

Lu
Demand a blood test. They are much more accurate. BTW, are they aware that if you were using everyday that it takes 3 days to be out of your system? They should know this. I feel for you buddy.
HI well for startes thc can hang around in your system for 30 days not 3 there is a difference in ''active'' thc and residual and a more detailed test will show this so have them give you the blood test and it will show the kind of thc that is not getting you high it is just the residual that is in your blood stream let us know how you make out good luck and God bless.......................Gnarly......................................
Thank you for the comments and well wishes! I researched some on the web, and found some people failed because of working out before going for the test, and that actually made some come out of the fatty areas into the bloodstream.
Wife just called and she said her coworker had failed, at this same place, 3 times and he wasn't using either. And they didn't believe him either. He told us to have them check the hydration levels, because that's what he was told can give false positives... I was a daily/heavy smoker, and the 60 level seemed like it was that i had flushed it out of my system, then it went back up on the next test... hard to prove anything, unless I can get the hydration levels looked at... but I'm sure the specimens are long gone. =( Thanks again everyone. I'll keep you updated if I find anything out, God Bless!
If worse comes to worse, have them do a hair follicle..There is someone on here, that had put in all the OTC & SUCH that can cause different test to come up with different signs of drugs..Maybe check that out..Just like Nose Spray & Cough Syrups and such..I wish you the best, and I sure would fight if you are right..Do the Blood & make them pay for it.