Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Feeling anxious

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Feeling anxious

Usually by now I would be sleeping...Its bee  32 hours since my last piece of sub...I'm sweaty and have a constant feeling to move around....Im not sure if ive psyched myself into feeling this way because of reading all of the responses....or am I already starting to feel the effects of stopping sub?
Congratulations on getting clean! For each hour clean off the sub that's one hour you will never have to do again and one hour closer to being completely free of it. Soon you won't be counting hours but days, weeks, months and so on!

While the internet is excellent for getting support and info... I agree with you that reading to much can make you hyper aware of every symptom in your body. The power of the mind is amazing. Staying as busy and occupied as I could when I was in w/drawal helped me.... as much as my symptoms allowed that is... sometimes I really had to push myself but doing some housework, taking a short walk... I was always glad I'd done it and felt better for it.

I know the lack of sleep is really hard... but remember your body WILL sleep when it gets tired enough... and your sleep will get back to normal.

Best of luck to you :-)
Yes, you just need to relax.  Try some deep breathing exercises.  They really do help.  What's the worst that can happen?  You don't sleep.
Maybe tomorrow pick up some melatonin or alteril and see if that helps.
Maybe your doc can give you a script for ambien or lunesta to help with the sleep or try melatonin or valerian