Feeling sick from Percocet after surgery...
Hello all...I'm new here and happened to find the site from browsing. I just recently had surgery on Jan. 11...I took ONLY 1 Percocet a week ago today and it has me feeling horrible! Its been non stop nausea and just a strange feeling in my body. Could it be that it is still in my system after a week? I also have lost my appetite completely...it's like living in hell! :(
I wouldn't think that just one Perc would still be in your system.  Maybe you have a bug?
I have no idea...the day after i had surgery i was given 2 for the pain and was SICK all night puking! I was given several anti-nausea meds and finally one helped! Then about 4 days post op my stupid *** took 1 and have been sick since...i cant see what else it could be :(
I have never heard of adverse affects like you are speaking of. Especially for such a long period of time. Do you have any problems with ACETAMETAPHIN???? Have you ever taken a pain med prior? What type of surgery did you have where for post op pain they prescribe 2 of anything???
Captain Obvious<baffled
The percs are definately out of your system...but more than likely all the throwing up got you extremely dehydrated. That is probably why you are still feeling so poorly. You should consider going into your doctor's office to get an IV. I bet after one bag of fluid you will be feeling a lot better. If you are feeling really lousy tonight, go into an urgent care facility and tell them you have been very sick to your stomach and throwing up. Tell them you believe you are dehydrated. Also let them know about your surgery.
Don't take any more of the pain meds. Start out right now by sipping water as best you can. Don't take more than a sip at  a time. If you still can't keep anything down...well--to the doctor you go.
good luck,
Greatgreebo
i had a bilateral fasciotomy./..yes i have taken vicodin and normal tylenol in the past and never had any reactions. Im not throwing up...its just extreme nausea and no appetite...EVERYTHING makes me nauseas... but this all started AFTER i took the percocet..i was feeling fine before it.
dehydration causes nausea......we get the majority of our needed water intake from food. If you aren't eating and drinking very little.....
dehydration.
Once you get sick to your stomach and you are dehydrated on top of that...it's very hard to get rid of.
The pills may have started you off being sick...but I'm guessing the lack of fluids in your system is what is keeping you there.
Like I said....consider an urgent care facility and an IV...it will probably make all the difference in the world.
Good luck,
greebs
I went to the E.R. 3 times already...and got an I.V. twice along with anti nausea meds...still...nothings helped...im scared of wut it could be...i cant see sumgthing lasting so long...hopefully my ab/pelvis ct scan will show sumthing. THanx.
I had the same thing happened to me about 9 yrs ago...I had a simply sinus surgery, outpatient....I was so nauseated and did not eat for a week...I had no problem drinking, and did not throw up, just so naseated that i could not eat...I lost alot of weight, but thank god i could drink ...They ran all kinds of test, and showed nothing wrong...I was on so much phanagen and it did not help....So maybe it was a virus , i don't know...
i hope you can find out what it is.
But for sure it is not the percs
good luck
r2r