Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Fentanyl Addicts

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Fentanyl Addicts

I was on 1200mcg's of Actiq per day until I found this forum. I am now on the fentanyl patch 25mcgs to manage my cancer pain. I am due to possibly start a chemo regimen that will have about a 50/50 chance of killing me. I was abusing the actiq, because I could take as much as I wanted to numb my senses. I decided that I didn't want the w/d's drug stealing, and all the other bullshet that came with it, when my scrip had run out. Got sick of being sick. Besides, if I am only to have a short time left on this world, I didn't want to spend my days loaded on fentanyl. So I am now on day 27 without actiq's. I am still having w/d's but they have got better. For any of you lurkers out there that don't post because no one else seems to be a fentanyl junkie, here I am. And there are others who may or may not choose to post, but I'm guessing they still read. Post away if you have questions.
Avatar n tn
howdy.  Nice post.  It is good you let ppl know your story.  It is inspiring and educational and there are ppl out there, Im sure, using the patch.  Good to see  you post!

Peace~
Avatar n tn
Let me first say that a 50/50 chance can decrease a great deal if you believe in your recovery.  I wish you the best of luck with your treatment.  Congrats on 27 days that is awesome.  Trust me there are many people that are addicted to fentanyl.  Have you ever eaten the gel out of the patch?  I've heard of people doing that.  Be strong and believe that you will beat your cancer, there's a lot to be said for a positive attitude!!!
best of luck
peete
eat it? shitt, it takes all i have not to shoot it. ya i've heard of all that and more. my friend.
Avatar n tn
hi just wanted to let you guys know that eating the patch is like the most dangerous thing i've ever done i don't do it know mainly because i don't get them but three of my very close friends died within ten minutes no time to get help from anybody anyway they died just by chewing one patch.  I take about 12 actiq 1600's a day and have an inplant pump that has diladid and fentanyl along with baclofen clonidin and even more things in the pump I just want you to know that the more you take the more the pain gets so try your best to take as little as possible because before long nothing will ease your pain.  hope i helped at least one person. God bless you all