Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Fentanyl Patch withdrawl(withdrawal)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Fentanyl Patch withdrawl(withdrawal)

I am currently wearing a 75mg patch and it seems for the past 2 months I have been feeling withdrawal. It's like a roller coaster. I am OK for about a week and down for about a week. At first I thought it was my depression. But after reading some of the posts here and other pages on the internet it may be withdrawal. I just want to know how I can get off these patches? Without feeling so horrible? If it's even possible?
I also am on a fentanyl patch and due to a lot of night sweating I burn through a patch in less then 48 hours instead of the normal 72 hours they are suppose to last.  I started weaning off this horrible thing about 2 months ago, first by going from 75 to 50 which wasn't too bad and I had a lot of other side effects go away.  Now I went from 50 down to 37 which was hell for about a week.  I'm just going to go down in size in month till I am off these things which for me just seems to be one good day (with just back pain which it was prescribed for) to one bad day of withdrawel symptoms and back pain.  I would also read the website for your manafactor of your patch as mine the mylar company said that patches wear out quicker if someone is sweating a lot.