Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Fentanyl

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Fentanyl

How long does it take for a 100mcg Fentanyl patch to get out of your system for a drug test?
BTT i am not sure but this will bring the to the top again
That is an extremely high dose of Fentanyl.  Were you using the patch?  I was on a 75mic patch last year, every 48 hrs, and the pain doc informed me that Fentanyl would not show up on the typical drug screen.  I was lucky enough to have never been randomly selected and I am subject to random drug tests.  According to him Fentanyl can be found but the test is quite expensive so most screening stations just dont do it.

If the drug screen you are going to take is job related I would not chance it.  The problem you are going to have is Fentanyl is 50 times stronger than Morphine...it is just about as close to heroin as you can get....and detoxing from this wont be easy.  It took 14 days for me to begin to feel any type of normalcy after going cold turkey and I would not recommend that to anyone on Fentanyl.  IT was the worst experience of my life.

Unless you are able to take 2 weeks off to detox I would hope you will seek an alternate solution.  This is one mean drug that does not play around.  You have some choices to detox off this drug and let me say from experience...DO NOT TAKE METHADONE!  

I have never taken Suboxone but from what I have read in this forum it has helped many with limited to no withdrawal symptoms.  The trick is to get off of it when the doc tells you to.  Good luck and keep us posted.
The half life of a Fentanyl patch is 17 hours after you take it off. The drug screen time is up to 3 days.
depending on your health, going from 100 to 0 can throw you into a hard attack.Comming off and the hell that will bring is one thing.When I was at mayo clinic in rochester, the md.s told me to taper off 30mg. at a time every 2 weeks with the avinza120.They were strict orders!
My Dr. is weird and neglecting me  and I am having to play Dr. now since I cant go anywhere.
I took my Fentanyl patch off days ago. I can't see with it on and I am in college. I told him this. But he didnt want me to take it off.  He said wear a bandaid under half of it.  
I said again, no, I am on an acedemic scholarship and I have no time for trial and error so can we do something else so I can walk to school and sit down longer than 5 minutes so I can concentrate. ( because I had just failed an exam due to blurred vision for a week straight.)   Here is why I am writing.... I have been up for 4 days straight. I want to jerk my arms back and forth and I am stretching my hamstrings, my muscles feel really weird. I want to sleep.  My Dr only ignores me so am I left for dead ? I need a caring Dr. like right now. I cant drive, I am just sitting at home really hoping this has nothing to do with the patch. I will never wear one again. I wore it for 2 weeks.
so I dont understand why you are asking " how long untill it gets out your system for drug test" ...if you are prescribed it you have nothing to worry about and if you are not prescribed it than you need to figure out why you are here postin this?
You know, this is the second post this week that mentioned vision problems and fentanyl. I've never heard of that before but now I'm wondering.  ?
I am going to assume that you took a 100 mcg patch for recreational purposes because if you were prescribed it then you would have no worries.  fentanyl has a short life, but it is stored in your fat cells for some time.  you are really lucky you did not die.  I am prescribed the patches and I refuse to go above 50 mcg's because I am scared of the day I say 'no more'.  Everything that I read online say's it stays in your system for about a week.  Will emphasize again that this is not a drug to use for recreational purposes.  very dangerous