Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Fentynal patch withdrawals

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Fentynal patch withdrawals

Hello All,  I have been reading post for a few hours now and thought I'd share my story.  July 2008, I fell out of Uhaul holding a dresser.  Went to MD and was prescribed Lt's 10mg 3/day and flexiril 3/day.  the meds were working enough to get me out of bed to take care of my children so figured that I would take these for a week or so and be ok.  Before I got hurt, I may have taken a few Lt's for fun, but nothing that I would ever have withdrawals from.  months later, after seeing chiropractor and regular MD (they did a MRI to find out if something else was going and ended up being a Tarlov cyst on my s1 (a cyst that forms on end of nerve that leaks spinal fluid into it and causes horrible pain.  After finding out that only 2 Dr's in U.S. will treat this condition and surgery was not an option because my cyst was to small, my Dr. decided to send me to Pain Mgmt (what a mistake!)  This Doctor talked me into steroid shots and after almost losing my family due to me going crazy from the shots and gaining 40 lbs, he decided to stop the injections.  By then, the shots were so painful, I was given Fentynal patch 50mg 1 every 72hrs, Lt's 10 4/day, zanaflex 4mg 3/day, and flexiril 3/day.  I've been on this since 2009.  earlier this year, my PM Dr was arrested & the **** hit the fan.  Luckily for me, I have had the same primary care Dr for yrs and he continued to fill my scripts until I found another doctor.  Seems like every Doctor I go to now, looks at me like a pill seeker.  was taken off of 50% of meds on my 1st visit and he was such a jerk that I went back to primary Doctor with the prescription I was given by this ******* and was told that since he wrote me a prescription, they could no longer give me any narcotics so I'm stuck paying this jerk for nothing.  To top it off, when I called primary Dr for another referral to see someone else, the office manager refused to give me one cause I already had a referral and was acting like I was Dr. shopping.  Needless to say, I am on day 4 of no patch and it has totally sucked.  Still have muscle relaxers and a few Lt's left (because I never took more then I was prescribed in fear of overdosing).  I just can't believe how fast my life has changed.  I didn't think that I was mentally addicted to this crap, but if I would have had a patch yesterday, I may have put it on.  Definitely understanding the aches, sweats, diarrhea, and RLS.  it *****...how much longer should I feel like this?