Fight addiction or withdrall
Bean on pain meds for years for a rair disease, never wanted them but they allowed me to have a normal life but at the same time made my life misserable for my wife and kids, allthough I did not become addicted my body did, there for many problems with trying to explain my situatin to the doctor became a constint problem because the dose went up every 7 months or so, ..this last treck  i have bean on kaidien for 6 months and swithced to methadone for about 2 weeks or so, i want to come of this stuff but the withdrall is somthing i would never wish on any one, my wife wants me to go away so the kids dont have to watch me like this, but i am not an addict, (nothing against them at all, we all have  a monster or two hidden inside of us some where...) so  i would rather do an out patient thing trying suboxone instead of being away from my family, but dont want to startd my body on a nother addittion.....I dont care how good they make you feel....because its only a dream and when you wake up from that life is hell....for both who are addicted and who are not...in the same boat for diffrent reasons no judgement at all from me, pain come in so many forms.........good luck to all and god bless if you wish it to be.....
I understand what you mean. I was taking five Lortab 10's a day for a chronic condition that I will have the rest of my life. It scared me because it started taking more and more meds to get relief. I quit cold turkey in November, 2011. No matter why we take the meds, the withdrawal is the same. I would recommend you talk to your doctor again and explain that you want to wean off of all medication and see if he can put you on a taper plan. I don't know about sub except what I have read here, but it is best if used short term. I am no expert by any means, just someone who has done a lot of research. There are others who will share their experiences. Read all you can and work out the plan that will work best for you. Good luck and welcome!
Welcome jawz =) I have no experience with suboxone either but agree with minn, I've heard it was best for no more than 21 days & WD from it are pretty terrible also from the things I've heard. I wish you the very best & someone with sub experience should post soon to talk with you