Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Finally free!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Finally free!!!!

Guys I just have to say that I have NEVER gone this long without taking pain med and felt this GREAT!!! it is an awesome feeling!!! I still crave them BUT haven't had the heart to act on it. All the symptoms are FINALLY gone!  I don't sit and think about them, I only crave them when I'm stressing out at work! Just thought I would share! I have taken norco 10's for 5 plus years and I'm finally FREE! It can be done :)
It's so true - it can be done.  And although it does take time, it's worth every second.

And I remember that moment when I knew I had finally made it through - so enjoy it!!  But KEEP YOUR GUARD UP!!!!  lol (addiction, sneaky bastar* that it is...)

Keep going!!
Whoooooo hoooooo!  Go YOU!!!  I'm so happy for you.  It's not that you haven't had the heart to act on your cravings.  It's because of your heart that you don't!  If you haven't found any aftercare to work on yet, do that!  It's well worth every second.  I've been clean for 17 months, but I can still remember 17 hours.  You have to just keep your focus, whatever that takes.  Sometimes a minute at a time to get through a rough patch or craving.  Deep breaths and walking away from a situation can help tons.  

Just some hints that helped me!  Great job so far! : )
Thanks y'all! It felt awesome shopping with my daughter tonight SOBER!!!
How did you make it? Especially at work with withdrwals???? good job.
HI I know we beet this drum a lot but put some form of aftercare in place now you will have many mental challenges ahead cravings and such it is threw aftercare we learn how to deal with those things in a healthy way your clean now its staying that way that takes the work you have to ask yourself what am I going to to do different this time to make it long term most of us with significant clean time use one form of aftercare or another it makes all the differece when your craving or romancing the thought of using.....it is the very way we think and reason that has to change to overcome this illness with a little work an hr a week you can set yourself up for success the true definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results....im happy for your new found sobrity now become pro/active in protecting it.....good luck and God bless......Gnarly  
I believe my job is what showed me I had the strength to do it. I took slot of Tylenol and 5HTP. I feel amazing! Thanks all for the help and support!
Thanks Gnarly! I'm calling therapist today :)
Hey, this is great news, Icankickit :)... you sound on the most positive level since you came here for the first time :)
i know how you feel..keep it up keep your support group..if you dont have 1 get one..its sooo important so you can stay clean..good luck and keep posting..
Congratulations to both of you! It's great to see success stories like yours, people that have fought through round 1 and are making a real effort to continue.

You know, this board can be incredibly uplifting but it can also be a bit depressing at times. I've noticed that a lot of people come on here as they're just starting out and after a day or two they're gone, never to be heard from again. I guess some of them might actually succeed and just choose not to share it but my hunch is that the majority of them go right back to using. When I see stories like yours though it makes me realize just how amazing this place can be.

Again, congratulations to both of you! Please stay with it and continue to update everyone on your progress!

That's awesome. How many days are you clean? Keep up the good work!!!! Keep going forward 
Hi all!!!! I must say LIFE IS GREAT! I've been shopping all evening with my kids and wow, it's been 5 years YES, Five years since I've shopped sober or without pills! This forum and God got me thru it! It is absolutely the BEST feeling I've ever felt since holding my brand new babies when they were born!!! Anyone reading this just starting out, PLEASE stay focused on getting FREE from what ever your DOC is! It's so amazing. I've never gone this long without my lil yellow friend. Wow so glad that is one friend I don't have to keep up with any longer!

KEEP LOOKING UP CUZ THAT'S WHERE IT ALL IS..........