Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Finally

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Finally

Like i have said coming off methadone and was at 130mg and down to 22mg and now having a hard time.I did not go down any this week needed to give body a rest from all this.After only 15 day maybe have had 15 hours sleep. And today got almost 6 hours and have to say woke up sweaty but felt better and when i see the Dr again will go down 2mg and not 4 or 5 like i was doing. You people did say it takes time and go slow which i will now. Just wanted to share this.I still have a lot of things to deal with but might just be a little easier now. Thanks
66%
 (2) 
Better
33%
 (1) 
Got some sleep
3 Members voted
Don't know why I voted but it was there so I pressed one, lol. So happy you are taking your time, slow and steady wins he race. Way to go!
I voted dont know why or for what!! I have to press buttons LOL
I am soo happy for you!! Slow and steady you can DO this!!!
good for you I've been on methadone for 2 yrs the  clinic told me that it was the best thing I could do for myself well.... I disagree I look at all the people there they have been going there for 5 10 even 20 yrs not ME! so I went cold turkey on 125mgs. NOT smart!!! but it's been 26 days now and after feeling like I was dying for about 11 of them and not one bit of sleep the whole time I am finally starting to get better everyday the chemical imbalance in my brain is still f -d up and I know everyones recovery is their own but I'm going crazy I can not wait to be back to normal so hang in there at least your trying to do it right way unlike my bull headed ***!!! one thing I can tell you is methadone stores in all parts of your body fat cells you name it so even after you quit taking it you will have withdraws not sure the extent since you are going down slow but I do hope they are not as bad as mine... and going to most drs for help either they don't know about methadone or they look at you like a drug addict!! good luck to you I hope everything works out please don't give up
Hey, I agree with Heather!! I'm so happy to see that you are dedicated and determined.... Slow and steady,my friend. You are going to be ok and get through it.... I took your poll.. I'm not sure what you need to get from the poll but I voted against the grain. :-)
125mgs! Very very well done, you are a true fighter, that must have been so rough, everything is possible if the want is big enough eh! Proud of you for that. Way to go for sure, ;)