Fioricet dependence
I am 46 years old and have been taking fioricet since I was 17. I suffer from chronic daily headaches and take upwards of 12 or more fioricet a day as well as topamax and effexor for prevention of migraines. Since my doctor will only prescribe up to 6 fioricet per day, I have resorted to orderly brand fioricet online as $200 for 90 tablets.

My questions are how to detox at home off fioricet - should I take 12 tabs, then 11 the next day, then 10 the next day or what?

Also, is it illegal to get fioricet from my doctor as well as ordering online?

Please help...aside from my fears of being addicted and possibly breaking the law, I'm so forgetful from the topamax that I feel like I have the early onset of Alzheimer's Disease.

Thanks for any help you can provide.....

Coming off of floraset has to be done VERY slowly you are going to need to tell your doctor some doctors can make you up a taper plan you can do at home .Some  doctors  hospitalize you until they can get you stabilized  Coming off this to quickly can have life threatening side effects. I know one of our members has been doing a very slow taper I will send her a message she would be of great help.
I can't tell my doctor. I need a plan that I can do myself at home. My last doctor just took me off everything even tylenol and said just deal with your headaches. They are debilitating headaches - so I can't depend on a doctor. My first neurologist was the one who told me I couldn't become addicted to fioricet and my family doc. was the one who said stop taking the fioricet and everything and just deal with your headaches.

So, I unfortunately have to do this at home myself. Please help me figure our a plan that is safe and workable.

Warm regards,
Rocky62
rocky I sent a messge to someone that can help she may be able to advice you about a taper. Hope it helps