Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Fioricet taper instructions

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Fioricet taper instructions

I have used Fioricet for headaches for years & want to stop. I'm taking 6 to 8 tabs a day. How do I taper off with minimal rebound headaches?
I'msorry no one has answered your question. I don't know anything about this drug so I can't help you.  PErhaps talk to your dr??
I wish you luck and hopefully someone who knows about it will answer.
pronounced   boo-tal-ba-tall... its a seditive and a few years ago i had a runin with it... my doc gave it to me for tension headakes... i was on it for about a year and was taking about 15 tabs a day.... it worked on me as a stimulant and i went off it CT because the dr that was giving it to me got busted and lost his licens.. i dont remember having any withdraws other than anxity.. and the WD ordeal only lasted a few days.. jeffjeff
Hi I used to take Fiorinal.  I was give very low does phenobarbitol in the hospital.  I was in a nuero unit where they gave me IV depakote every 8 hrs  for 5 days to break my headache cycle.  It worked for a bit.  No sleeping pill and no headache meds and just the pheno to curb the w/d from fiorinal...it is a barbituate.  Hope this helps a little.    Now I get botoxed for my migraines, IT WORKS :)