Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
First day of Subutex!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

First day of Subutex!

Well, i started my suboxone treatment today, and they started me off with 2 mg, followed by 2 more, and then 4 mg at night time. Tomorrow, i take 4 mg in the day and 4 mg at night... And ill tell you, i feel AMAZING. This is one of the best things that has happened to me. My girlfriend has been with me every step of the way, and her parents now know too...and the first things they asked me when i walked in was, "what do you want us to do?" I almost started crying! I also have 2 great buddies here for me, my gf, her parents, my mom and dad, and my 2 sisters. What a support group! I attended 2 meetings tonight, and have 3 more scheduled for tomorrow (on top of hunting for jobs). So, I'm getting my feet on the ground, and i suppose that only time will tell...But subutex has definitely saved my life. And input or information would be GREATLY appreciated, or just some compassion... So please, somebody talk to me on here, my words cannot justify how much it means to me.

-Jordon
HI Welcome to the forum sounds like you got your self set up for success you have family support your going to a doctor for your sub and most importantly your working a program to
build up your foundation wile on the sub not just switching one addiction for another keep us posted on how this goes for you stay on it 90 days or so try not to get your dose to high we have lots of members who will give you good advise about sub good luck on your recovery.......Gnarly
What exactly is subutex.....well ok I guess its used to withdraw but from what? I hope u do.t mind me asking.
Congrats bud!!!

I concur, as Suboxone helped save my life as well, and was the only thing that could get me off a 7 year stent with Methadone maintenance.

You are now experiencing what we like to call the "Honeymoon" period.  A time where it feels so damn good to be close to "Normal", energy, a clear mind, and a new found look on life.  

You will most likely have some ups and downs as you continue your sub treatment, but its all part of the mental healing process.  Just a warning... this may or may not happen to you, but be prepared to be hyper emotional...  

I was getting teary at the slightest things when I first detoxed off sub a year ago! It was kind of funny actually that here I am a grown man, and crying at foldgers coffee commercials. lol  But it was great to just.... feel.

Keep up the meetings, and use your sub time to start making YOU better.  It will make things so much easier for you down the road when you decide to come off the sub as well...  Its amazing what structure and a support group can do for a person!

Again, congrats on your accomplishments!
Subutex is an opioid that doesn't get you high and keeps you from having cravings. I'm prescribed to it for a year or a year and a half so i can build my life and get my stuff together...Others are far more knowledgeable about it than me, so what i said is pretty brief... But for a seriously opiate dependent person, it can do wonders if you use it correctly, which i intend to do... I feel like a normal human being! And thank you gnarly for the encouraging words, you guys are like family to me. My medhelp family.
Thanks a bunch Henry!
Well good luck to u.......sounds like its working so keep the faith its gonna be what u need!
It was your post that made me realize I need to talk to my Dr, admit to him I have a problem and see if he will prescribe me Subutex. I hope it works as well for me as it has for you