Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Flexeril OK for cramps/withdrawal?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Flexeril OK for cramps/withdrawal?

I am detoxing from Fentanyl and hydrocodone. Two weeks without the Fent patches. Two days without Hydro.

All the usual supects; twitchy, nausea, stomach pain, not sleeping, achy, creepy crawley.

My question is, would Flexeril or Baclofen (muscle relaxers) ease the cramps/pain to make it easier to sleep? Would it set me back as far as getting off the codone? Is it an opiate?

Don't want to do anything to set this process back. Too much hell to go through. But sleep would be good.

Thanks for any answers/help!
flex is a muscle relaxer if it helps take it ........ it is not addicting .I don't know anything about baclofen but if it is a MR I would think that would be fine . I swear by zanaflex :)
avis
You are okay with the flexeril - I don't know a thing about the baclofen so I won't say anything.....
Flexeril is not an opiate & it might help with the pain & sleep. Others on this forum have sworn by the Thomas recipe, I don't know it, but look thru this sight & I'm sure you'll find it.
I've been using subutex which is great, but you need to find a detox MD who will prescribe it. It's fantastic because you can function, work, be with family, everything. If you google subutex you can find a MD. Or google Meditox of Palm Beach, maybe they can help you find an MD in your area. Good luck

ruby441
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. I was hesitant to take the MR's, not knowing if they were opiate derivatives or not. Don't want ANYTHING to set this detox process back. Too miserable.

Baclofen is a mild MR also. The Flexeril is a little stronger.

Is subutex an opiate?

Happy Clean New Year to All!
i actually took flexeril during my w/d from oxy's and it helped me tremendously with the restless leg thing...i also took a few valium to help with sleep but dont take to many of those cause they r addicting also....i only took like 4 during the whole process.....good thing i dont like downers  lol.....im so proud of u...how long were u using?if u dont mind my asking.....hang in there....try to eat and drink so u wont get dehydrated.....love ya....
I was prescribed Lortab/Hydro starting about 4 years ago for chronic shoulder pain. Gradually it began to take more and more to stop the pain, until finally I was at 2 tabs 4X's a day.

The doctor then prescribed Fentanyl patches 50 mcg, which I used as directed for another year.

Lost medical insurance and can't afford meds now, so I had to wean myself off. Didn't realize it would be this uncomfortable. Took a Flexeril about an hour ago. Can't tell that it has helped much.

Think I'd rather have the shoulder pain than this.
Taking vit. sups. and drinking lots of water.

Thanks for the kind words and help.

I used flexiril. It does help by relaxing your muscles. It seems to take awhile to kick in, though. Bananas help too. The Thomas recipe mentioned, can be found in my journals.
Hi im suffering from withdrawal syndrome 5 months coming off baclofen (oral) It didnt agree with me at all > My stupid neuro didnt wean me off it and I have suffered horrendously. im still suffering 5 months off the drug and from a small dosage.