Flexeril
Hi there. I was prescribed flexeril today for some back pain. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is? If it is addicting? Will it make me sleepy/hyper, etc?

It is not addictive.  It will make you very sleepy, it is a muslce relaxer.  I reccommend taking it only before bed.  If it doesn't make you sleepy than take it during the day as well.
I used flexeril for back pain, and to be honest it did nothing...The doctor told me it was going to make me sleepy and it did not...It is a muscle relaxent...
I ws on the 10mg dose....
So then he switched me to zanaflex, and i can only take it at nite because it makes me knock out....I don't take it all the time, only when my back is hurting as i think that one can be addicting
i am sure others will give you their experience on it!
r2r
i am with r2r.  i took it and i didnt feel anything.  it is not suppose to be physically addictive.  but i do think you can get mentally addicted, so be   careful.
cathy
I take flexeril very occasionally....it does make me sleep...like 10-12 hours if i take it so i know i could never take it during the daytime...i have a low resistence to muscle relaxers i think after reading on here...zanaflax really knocks me out...when i do take a flexeril...i take 5 mg if i can  10 only if i feel i am really hurting...it gives me a hang over a little bit in the morning and that is why i rarely take it ..everyone is different tho   perhaps if i took it more often maybe the drowsiness  would not be as bad...not supposedly addicting but then again i see people posting about all knds of stuff that i never knew was addicting like nyquil..non-narcotic tho and should be safe to take
I take it and zanaflex,  3 at a time, if either does anything I really cant tell.  

*The combo of 3 Flexeril and 3 Phenergan do help me sleep
It always knocked me out.  I did not like it at all, especially the next day I would still be very groggy.  Be careful with it.  I hope your hubby will be up to taking care of the baby at night in case it knocks you out.

Good Luck

Army
Flexeril does NOTHING for me.  The Dr. prescribed something else, I can't remember what it was, but it knocked me out cold!  It really did relax me.  
flexeril knocks me out cold and gives me dry mouth bad, i hate it. but it worked good on my back when i did a c-section on a cow and she didn't like it and kicked me duuuu lol
bobby
According to pharmacies it isn't a controlled substance, but that still doesn't mean someone couldn't like it too much, right?  I've had it a long time ago.  It didn't help me and now when I need something extra for my neck I take zanaflex which as worried said is as strong as I need.
My husband just takes it as needed, it doesn't seem to be addicting to him.
All it did for me was make me extremely tired. It never helped with the pain. I remember I had so much pain in my shoulder one morning before work and had nothing else to take for the pain that I took one. Big mistake. Never again. I was sooooooo tired all day and kept nodding off. Probably good to help to sleep at night.
Today, I was given flexeril for a pulled muscle. I have anxiety issues and a touch of sleep apnea. I was wondering if this medicine would give me anxiety issues? Or just make me calm?