Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
For the occasional back and neck pain

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

For the occasional back and neck pain

Hi everyone I just wanted to let you all know about the alternatives to pain killers with out any narcotics, I know some of us have minor back pains and aches and we freak out because we don't know what is safe and effective well I just got a few samples from the doctor I work for and I have to say that if works really well the name is Durabac Forte and it contains: acetamonophen 500mg, magnesium salicylate 500mg, caffeine 50mg and phenyltoloxamine Citrate 20mg.
Ones again it worked for me for my back pain and is not a narcotic and yes you do need a rx for it.
Anyways I hope you guys don't need it I hope you all are healthy and pain free.
GS
THanks! ☺
♥flutter
hi as you mentioned there is apain killer just wanted to know if it taken gives u a kind of a high? casue if it does then its no use. how many did you take in a day(painkillers) and take the DF you mentioned, is it taken once we do not have pills, or stop taking them?
thank you for that info.....I was a rx user only...not recreational.....3 yrs on vicodin until a few weeks ago..ct with all the known problems, but now see the light at the end of the tunnel...except....the horrible back pain ...that got me in trouble to begin with.......perhaps your recommendation could help me...much thanx
well a lot of you simply cannot do this

humidity causes pain if you have a back injury. i suffered excruciating pain in the summer months and the blistery cold of winter months didn't cause as much pain but i could not move.

so i moved to Arizona. very low humidity like 10 percent. ha and my back very rarely ever hurts. and i am able to do a lot more things. no tylenol or aspirin even.

i have scoliosis, a fractured tail bone, two torn discs, one of the blown out, and am missing some of the fluid in the spine.

my heart goes out to all who are still experiencing the back pain.
I totally blew my lower back out this past weekend..I really am in HUGE amounts of pain..I already have L-4&5 severe bulge and S-1 is moderate deterioration...?? All I know is it frickin hurts..I am walking like a duck and about 1 inch at a time..Is cold or hot better...I will not take anything..I did go get a few shots earlier today and they wanted to send me home with 10 vicodin 500..i wanted to laugh..I didn't even bother wasting my $ on them..I would have had to take them all..I know after a few days or so this will subside but i need a little relief..I have been using hot and it feels good..but than i can't get up...
Well i did learn a little in physical therapy for my back. The heat is good for stiffness, like in the morning. If you are in pain, the ice will help. 15-20 minutes and take a break . then you can repeat it. the ice will reduce swelling and infammation. this worked good when i would drive home from physical therapy with an icepack on my lowerback.

After you give it a little time to heal. There are good stretches you can do to relieve pain. But you need to go have your own personal physical therapy, because everyone is different with their injuries. If you can find a good therapy place it really does help.

They came up with good ways to drive and sitting for long periods and of course safe exersising to build up the muscles around the injury.

Also sleeping flat on your back probably hurts , right? Try a loveseat with your legs being a little higher than your back. it instantly relaxes your spine and spreads it out.

hope you are feeling bette soon