Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Free me from Suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Free me from Suboxone

I have been on suboxone for four years now . I want to wake up and not have to depend on suboxone to get up for daily activities.. I want to be free from suboxone .. I'm physically depended on it and i wake up with teary eyes and the only thing to stop my teary eyes is taking the suboxone. My question is .. Is there any easy way to get off suboxone . I have read about rapid detox but I'm on medicade. I have detoxed nataurly once and scared to go through those symptoms again.. Any suggestions ? What is the best way to get off suboxone ?
Hello and welcome to the forum,
Although I have no experience with Suboxone there are members here who do.  Please be patient and keep checking back.
HI and Welcome!  I was on Suboxone for 1 1/2 years, I tapered down before I jumped off.  During the taper I did experience WD when changing doses.  Keep in mind Suboxone stays in your system for about 21 days after the last dose.  WD was worse for me than my original DOC.  It can be done tho.  Talk to your doctor and discuss a taper plan.  You can do this bit you will need your doctors help. Congrats on wanting to take your life back!!  Keep posting!
Hi there! And welcome to our forum. I really can relate to you regarding waking up in the morning and running to get my pills. I have no exp. with subs, opioids were my doc. I have been on this site for 3 months now, and Brandi gave you some great advice. I would take it very seriously. Go to your Dr. and see what he/she says, and take it from there. A great big Congratulations on wanting to take your life back!!  It feels so good, and you will be so happy you made this decision. Keep posting, and have a Happy, Healthy New Year!!!
Hi I was on subutex almost 2 years at 32mg daily. I tapered and jumped at 0.8mg, withdrawls were not as bad for me as I thought, I was functioning properly at day 8 detoxing. Scarry stories worried me, till I went through minor w/d's. I had no problem at all. 4 yrs is a long time, but any amount of time on subs can be reversed if you want to stop. I know people only on subs for 6 mths who had killer w/d's, and I was on it longer and felt next to nothing. Give it a go, you have nothing to loose and a whole life to gain.