Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Fresh out of detox

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Fresh out of detox

I had an addiction to Lortab (after several surgeries very close together) for over a year. I went to a medical detox facility because I was advised to stay away from the subutext/suboxin facilities (which when I got in there seemed to be good advice from so many relapsed from those programs).  Anyway, I can not afford to go to the day or residential treatment plan afterwards and my counselours all said to me that I had a good chance of ending up back in there because I was not doing those programs.  I do have a good sopport of people and I have a weekly group I will go to...and I have a therapist I will see once a week....Has anyone else made it after doing ONLY a short detox program?
I mean I will be totally honest and say that I am scared and am not sure if this will work.....but I want it to....
m-
welcome to the forum and Congratulations...it really sounds like you have alot of good things in place to help you with this..many of us,myself included, have not gone to any detox program..so the answer is Yes!!.. This forum is wonderful support in addition to what it sounds like you have already and for alot of us...it's our only support. After the physical w/d is gone the mental addiction will try and play it's game. I am sure you have heard this before..if you want it to work...it will!! A good attitude goes a long long way in staying off drugs. You can come here as often as you'd like and post,read posts,etc..we are all here to help and encourage one another.I would have never made it this far without this forum and the great people here..
I am just gonna bump you up!
thanks for the bump sad...i missed this one.

yes, you can make it.  i didnt go to a rehab at all and i am 6 months clean.  you can try aa/na for extra support if you need it.  its free.  keep hanging out here..there is alot of wonderful support here.  welcome to the forum btw.  good luck.
omg, of course you can.

why do people say these things.
it's like they want you to fail.

well, do what I did......
say FU, I can do whatever I choose to do.
and you can!
sounds me to like you have a good plan in place. thats what it takes, a good plan in place and stick to it.
good luck to you and welcome.