Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Gallbladder pain

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Gallbladder pain

Has anyone had an issue of gallbladder pain during detox? I am on day 3.  I have a pain under my right breast  starting every afternoon lasting until morning. This has been go n on for about a month. I have been tapering from 20trams a day
hello and welcome to the forum.
how do you know it is your gallbladder? your liver is also in that area.
you have been taking  an extreme amount of acetaminophen per day.
please go get bloodwork done to check your liver.
i had my gallbladder removed in february. i had gallstones and an inflammed gallbladder. it hurt like all hell.
extreme double over pain, bring you to your knees pain.
a ultrasound can show if you have stones or if is inflammed
i hope and pray you feel better.
debbie
Hi there---
So sorry you are having stomach pains on top of everything else. Here's a little info:
the gallbladder is literally a bladder (holding tank) for bile which is produced in the liver, and which breaks down fats in the stomach after a meal. Stones can form in the gallbladder for a variety of reasons; when there is a stone blocking the duct connecting the gallbladder to the stomach, people get really bad pains in their right upper quadrant (around and just under the front right side of your ribcage), and often in their right shoulder (that's called "referred pain"), in addition to nausea and vomiting. Here's the key: usually, the pains come after a fatty meal--within 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Monitor yourself and see if your symptoms fit the description. If so, you need to get to a doctor soon. Until then, go on as close to a totally fat-free diet as you can--usually this helps a lot with the symptoms. I wish you the best of luck with getting---and staying---clean! Post again soon and tell us what's going on.
could be your pancreas. Long term use of pain pills can cause pancreatitis. I would def go see and doctor and get a CAT scan. No one here can diagnose you not even on the doctor forum because they would have to have a CAT scan and blood work to know for sure.
I am now on day four. I am hoping the pain is due to muscle cramping
I still feel yuk but I have managed to go get a pedicure
And pick up a few groceries. I am go n through this all alone
No one knows my about my addiction. I have been taking
Clonidine to help with withdrawals.  I don't have but
3days worth left. I am scared to go without the Clonidine
I hope to start feeling better soon. Any comments
Or suggestions would be great.
Dem, I know how scary this is. I am on day 4 too. Have you bought the things on the thomas recipe? The vitamins. They have been helping me a ton.

I know that tramadol can be a different type of detox than regular opiates. If your symptoms get worse you should go back to the doctor. And if you need someone to talk to you can PM me any time.