Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Generalized Subutex Withdrawal Advice

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Generalized Subutex Withdrawal Advice

I have been taking Subutex for roughly 8 months. Ive never taken that much but it's been steady the entire time. I've never been to a clinic. They're so full and rare around here that its over a 6 month waiting time to even see a doctor. Previous to self medicating with subs I was on 100-120mg of oxy per day. I normally orally take 1/8th-1/4th of an 8mg pill a day. I have never let myself get past 3 days of going without. But I don't want this anymore I want out. No one I know has ever quit. And frankly I have no idea what will happen or how long it will last. But the nervousness and dread that I feel after 3 days is enough for me. Taking Xanax makes it go away temporarily, but people have told me you puke past day 4. I have never abused subs or anything of that nature to get high. Sometimes I think readdicting myself to oxy and dealing with that short withdrawal would be better for me. Idk what to do. I'm scared and lost.
Subutex/Suboxone has become one of the top drugs we see patients coming in to our center for.  But with that said , it seems you have more anxiety of the thought of withdrawal then symptoms.
You are taking a small amount and it has not been that long, just maybe the symptoms will not be as bad.
Have you spoken to you prescribing doctor about it? Maybe he can help you if there are bad symptoms.
The other choice is that if you cannot do it by yourself , there are always detox centers to help. But it might not be so hard for you.
I am here for you.
good for you.   I'm also a self prescribed sub taker. your dose is minimal and very very doable to come off, I can't stay on the computer long, but you will get all the help you need here. and if you taper correctly you won't gp through hell. I'll look you up later in the day... hey folks talk to this friend and let them know about supplies to aid in the recovery !!!!
At the bottom of this page in health pages is the suboxone/subutex FAQs. It is a good place to start. I agree with the others, your dose is low and it hasn't been a year. You can do it, but it's important to be patient and do it right. Did you use your time on subs to get an aftercare program in place, AA/NA, counseling, or something to make you aware of why you used to begin with? The main symptoms I hear of are insomnia and anxiety. Insomnia was my main complaint. Form a plan, write it down, tell someone, and stick to it. Keep us posted and we will help as much as we can.