Getting High taking methadone
Qustion here,
When you are taking the methadone. My understanding is it blocks you from getting high if you take pain pills? Is that right or do I missunderstand...
Yes it does, I found out around two years ago when I tried to take a percocet, which was given to me from my dentist, it did nothing, so I just gave up & took aleve, I still have that script, & have no desire nor need to take em, I,d say thats not to bad for someone detoxing off 2mgs of methadone. Penelope
it makes it so you cant get high off of herion but im not sure bout opietes cause i took a couple mgs and it didnt do anything then i took an ultram and i felt it so yeah
it could be because its sythetic opiete or w.e. it was dumb to do mixing drugs with done is a bad idea
Depends on what dose of methadone it is. Higher doses yes, very low doses no.
If you are in a methadone program and you test positive for other street drugs it is held against you...with too many red flags against you they will boot u from the program,
Thanks for the post. Am on a low dose of methadone. would like to get off. wasing thinging about using sub. was trying to find out some off the difference between the two.

Thanks again
All right. Let me say here, unequivicolly, that methadone dose NOT block the high from other opiates. This is a long propagated fallacy of the Dole Nysander Research Group that dates back to the late 60's/early 70's.

The current propaganda is now that HIGH doses of methadone block the high. Still, not true.

I can say that I have taken methadone and from personal experience, gotten high off both heroin, and oxy's. So...yes, you can.

HOWEVER, generally, you need to take a VERY large amount. It is NOT SAFE to do. For this reason, many methadone users cross abuse to other drugs, alcohol, barbiturates, etc...for this reason.

It will also give you a double addiction which is...just hell. So I hope that answers anyone questions on this issue.