Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Getting off Norcos 10-325

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Getting off Norcos 10-325

Hi! So I had back surgery in January of 2009 from being hit by a drunk driver. I had  8 screws, a cage, and 2 rods put in at L5 and S1.  After that I had to had 3 more surgeries and had to have 4 pins put in at my hip. I never ever took pain meds. I could deal with pain. But after my first surgery, I just couldn't get away from the norcos and that feeling of having no pain! Needless to say, 5.5 years later, I'm on about 6-7 a day on my 4th day of weaning off of them. Iam having very bad withdrawals, but what's so hard is I still have major back pain and will have surgery to remove all the metal in November. I'm in school so that's why I am waiting till November. These withdrawals are so hard to get through. I am on saboxcin and other things but I'm finding it hard because I know I will just have to be put back on the medicine after my surgery. Does anybody have any advice?! I'm doing pretty well with the 3-4 a day which feels good! Just very hard to get through having chronic pain, but I want my life back. Please, I need help! If anyone has been through the same or similar situation?
Welcome to the forum, Leila~

If I understand your post correctly, you are in the process of weaning down from 6-7 Norcos/day....and are currently at 3-4 Norcos/day?

You said this:

" I am on saboxcin and other things but I'm finding it hard because I know I will just have to be put back on the medicine after my surgery. Does anybody have any advice?! I'm doing pretty well with the 3-4 a day which feels good! Just very hard to get through having chronic pain, but I want my life back. Please, I need help"

Do you mean you are on suboxone?  And what "other things" are you on?
If you are still taking 3-4 Norcos/day AND on suboxone....the Norcos won't be helping you during your pain/taper because the suboxone sticks to the opiate receptors and BLOCKS other opiates (i.e., the Norco)

Maybe you can clarify all the meds you are on?  Is your dr helping you with this taper and are you getting the suboxone from a dr. or from the street?

We can help you better if we understand everything you are taking.
So if you can explain....we'll all know how to help you better once we know.