Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
God works in amazing ways.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

God works in amazing ways.

I woke up this morning after a full nights sleep and the only thing that hurts on me is my knees an a slight headache. But I feel normal. I'm not sure of this is just a break or if it was all in my head. I must say I thinking me trying to ween myself the last week of my usage kinda worked. Maybe I'll start to feel it again but then again maybe I got off easy? Maybe thid is my chance to prove myself. I've honestly never believed in god until I started praying. And I feel like my prayers have been answered. Has anyone else felt completely okay on their 4 th day of no methadone? Is it from weening myself. With my last dosage I mixed it with water and spread it out over a week. Since my addiction all seems to Benin my head it worked. Idk this isn't what I expected. I was expecting to wake up today sicker than I've ever felt. But for some reason I feel better than I have in awhile. Despite the cravings an having no energy.
That is great.  I am so happy for you.  There is a lot of power in prayer!
There really is. I'm hoping tho isn't just a fluke lol. I'm hoping it will just end and I can then prove how bad I want to be and stay sober! Ill prove it to everyone(: you all have helped me so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I am so glad we helped you.  That is what this forum is all about.  How is your precious baby girl doing?
She's good taking a nap(:
God is a powerful thing. I am not really 'into' God, or I wasnt in the past. I went to a cousins funeral last weekend. He died on his golden birthday, at age 25. During the service we sang a praise to God, and I see his dad lifting his hands up to God. I try to imagine his poison as he lost 2 wives and now a son, yet he remains stead fast in his faith. I began to pray, about my dependence to pain meds, the life of my child growing in me, and the pain meds (my phone changes pain rightfully into poison... Poison meds) immediately start making me puke! After 5 attempts of getting off these in 7 wks, I have more made it 42.5 hours! Last night as I try unsuccessfully to sleep, I pray for peace, and rest for my baby. I then fell asleep soon after, tho I was still up alot. I AM a sinner, and I do need God, and he shall answer.
I have had many sleepless nights and have prayed to God to help me sleep and he has.
seek he in the kingdom first and all else will be provided im a big believer in prayer as a weapon agents withdrawals I know it works for those that choose to use it this a war ageist pisapalittys of darkness shine light on it and dose not the darkness go.....Jesus came to set the captive free there is not much more captivating then addiction prayer works........Gnarly
God is an important part of spiritual life. People who are spiritual often feel that God leads them through tough times and removes much of the bourdon. I'm a firm Believer, but I think it is also very important for us to credit ourselves for the power we have to get sober. I'm not much on discussing religion in these forums because so many people place their faith in other things, but I do believe in God and that God will be there with us during our healing. However, I think we need to take pride in our accomplishments all along the road to recovery. WE are doing it, too. God is there, but WE are doing it. Knowin that this power is something God has already given us helps to know that we have already been given the power to continue, no matter how hard it gets.

I'm glad you're doing well. You may not be doing well every day or every hour, but at the times you aren't doing so well...just remember these times, where you feel good and decent. They help to remind us why we are on this journey. Best of luck
Thank u all. I'm still feeling okay. Achy knees is pretty much all. No restless legs no all over body aches. No cold sweats. Wow. Could I have gotten off easy. We will see. I'll keep everyone updated.
I'm glad you are finding some relief of the wds. I pray that you are even stoinger tomorrow and feel even better.
hey LYnn how you doing tonight or today when you read this you will find methadone to be very cyclic just when you think your past it it slams you down again .....first off I hope you had a divine healing nothing better then God steping in but if it comes back its just being a tyipical detox how is your energy level that is the next satge of a methadone detox the energy crash....I know you have a baby to take care of thats whty this part concerns me
let me know in your next post I will keep you in my prayers good luck and God bless.......Gnarly
Hey gnarly. Still feeling pretty decent but absolutely no energy. But I'll get thru it. Thank u for your prayers!!!
I am so glad you went to the ER and are feeling better.  Are you hitting up the meetings?
This energy crash is the only thing that's killing me! Ugh I hope this is over soon. I want my energy back :( I have a baby to care for.
Me too. The lack of energy and having a 2 year old that naps once a day if im lucky!
Sleep and energy are usually the last thing to come back but it does so dont get discouraged.  The more you are up and moving the quicker you get your natural endorphins working.  Are you taking any vitamins?