Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Going cold turkey off of Soma's

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Going cold turkey off of Soma's

I have been taking norco and soma for quite some time now.  I take 6 norco and 3 soma three times a day.  I have read some pretty scary stuff regarding going cold turkey with Soma.  Any advise on how to go cold turkey??
Tags: soma
just make sure to check this later more people will be on in the evening it seems like..
HI.....welcome to the forum....although soma's are not classed as a benzo the withdrawal symptoms are similar it is best to taper off of them slowly to avoid discomfort  this med is a wolf in lambs clothing cut back slowly and you should be fine.........Gnarly
Hi MW my Dr. had suggested also that I taper off the soma although I did not and went ct I wish I would of.. soma effects the central nervous system.. to remove the drug all at once can cause seizures confusion trouble sleeping and acidic stomach coupled with headaches.. your best bet would be to speak to your Dr. he can set you up with a taper schedule. have you tried flexaril ? it is non addictive and does help with muscle spasms. at the time I received the soma many years ago I was on them for 11 years I was looking for the buzz and never gave another muscle relaxer the chance.. I wish you the very best.. lesa